What's a good price for a Steggy Stage 3 with 20,000 miles?

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
Hey guys, What's a good price for a stage 3 port with around 20,000 miles on it.
A friend told me to make him an offer.
He purchased from someone else but never put on his car.
He sold his car. The supercharger is just sitting in his garage.
I just don't know what they are going for right now.
He is selling the Eaton and an Accufab plenum.
If I buy it, I will upgrade it to a POSI Race Port.

mrose75

Established Member
$500? :shrug: I bought my used eaton/TB/PL for $330 Shipped, IIRC. Check the market, people are selling them all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
$500? :shrug: I bought my used eaton/TB/PL for $330 Shipped, IIRC. Check the market, people are selling them all the time.

I checked the market before creating this thread. I see several stage 4s and stage 5s. I was looking recent sells for a stage 3 but none. I just wanted to offer a fair price but get a good deal in the process. It's not a big deal.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I would just take the money you would spend on the stage 3 and send your blower to Posi and get a much better port. Stage 3 was soo 3 years ago. They are now on the Super snake stage 13 elevntybillion ver. 13.4354 1/3

mrose75

Established Member
I checked the market before creating this thread. I see several stage 4s and stage 5s. I was looking recent sells for a stage 3 but none. I just wanted to offer a fair price but get a good deal in the process. It's not a big deal.

I saw one selling locally up here, Stage III. Don't know what it went for tho. I thnknthe Stage IV & V sell for around $700 or so. I said go $450-500 and see what he says.

I would just take the money you would spend on the stage 3 and send your blower to Posi and get a much better port. Stage 3 was soo 3 years ago. They are now on the Super snake stage 13 elevntybillion ver. 13.4354 1/3

He probably wants to keep his stock Eaton, as do I. He's sending the Stage III in to Posi if he picks it up.:read:

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
boosted2000si;10040292[B said:
[/B]]They are now on the Super snake stage 13 elevntybillion ver. 13.4354 1/3

^LOL, Dude, I was so thinking the same thing!!! Since there are so many stages I don't know what I should pay for a stage 3.

He probably wants to keep his stock Eaton, as do I. He's sending the Stage III in to Posi if he picks it up.

^This true, I would like to keep my stock Eaton. I figure I could buy this one for $350-$400:shrug: and POSI charge $230 to upgrade to a Race Port.

I will buy another Eaton (ported or not) to send to POSI but I always look for a good deal.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The Stage III is an excellent supercharger port and will get as good of results as any other available port out there, be it Steigemeier or Posi. Typical worth for this port is in the $600 range.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The Stage III is still a good port! I'd offer him $300 and forget sending it out again for a Race Port! Like Terp said there's members on here that have made plenty of power with this version!

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
^LOL, Dude, I was so thinking the same thing!!! Since there are so many stages I don't know what I should pay for a stage 3.

^This true, I would like to keep my stock Eaton. I figure I could buy this one for $350-$400:shrug: and POSI charge $230 to upgrade to a Race Port.

I will buy another Eaton (ported or not) to send to POSI but I always look for a good deal.

Honestly at the end of the day your just wasting money buying another eaton. Its honestly not like your car is still under warranty and even if it was they would never tell the eaton was ported unless they pulled it off. Whats the point in having a stock one laying around? If the time comes just buy a stock one and sell your badass ported posi blower. No need to buy a previously ported blower to report cause you dont want to ruin your stock one.

Just my view, we all have our own.

mrose75

Established Member

I saw one selling locally up here, Stage III. Don't know what it went for tho. I thnknthe Stage IV & V sell for around $700 or so. I said go $450-500 and see what he says.

He probably wants to keep his stock Eaton, as do I. He's sending the Stage III in to Posi if he picks it up.:read:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I think that your $350-$400 offer sounds fair, and he may just take it it he is just looking to get rid of it quickly. As others have said, if you buy it, just put it on, and go. There isn't much to be gained by re-porting it, since those were a very good port. If you look at statistics, the subsequent stages really didn't make a whole lot more power than the stage 3. No doubt Posi could massage the port a bit, but for the money, and time, I'm just not sure it would be worthwhile. If you decide to start from scratch with a stock blower, then there is no question that it is worthwhile sending it in!

Users who are viewing this thread