Whats a 13' GT500 Supersnake go for?

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
The MSRP on the car is 94k....what dealers will actually sell them for is a great question

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Buy 13/14 GT500 and send it to Shelby yourself and save the hassle of mark-ups .Not big on the widebody but to each the own ,Shelby wants
28,000 662hp option
41,000 850hp option

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2013-ss.pdf

Widebody option
17,000 lol
http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/shelbywidebody.pdf

New 13/14 GT500
56,000-65,000

$99,000 without widebody
$116,000 with the widebody

ok
116k usd

141k nzd
10k freight and insurence

taxes 15%

plus a bunch of other costs
Seems about right.

Thats just a guess at 116k for purchase price

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Lol, just buy a regular one and mod it. You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to pay over $100k for that nonsense.

Jroc

Established Member
Lol, just buy a regular one and mod it. You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to pay over $100k for that nonsense.

I'm going to agree with this.

That thing is way overpriced for what you get. You don't even get to keep the pieces that they take off the factory car. For that price all those optional pieces need to be standard equipment, such as the watts link, etc

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member

oh ****, i wouldnt buy one. But saw it pop up for sale and thought it was a bit dear. Thought i would check what they are going for.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a rare item for sure, but I'd rather buy a regular GT-500 and invest less than half of what Shelby would charge into mods of MY choice. That heavy money IMO for the 850hp optioned wide body.

Mainn

Established Member
oh ****, i wouldnt buy one. But saw it pop up for sale and thought it was a bit dear. Thought i would check what they are going for.

In NZ, do you need to do a RHD conversion? I know that here, you have to. I don't know about NZ's import rules either; they're strict here, but if someone needed to, maybe they could ship it over from Aus (if it was cheaper and legal)?

Greetings from Aus, as a fellow Aussie/Kiwi (from both). :)

kaz109

Established Member
I get why most ppl are saying mod Shelby because the mustang mentality is bang for buck but in this case I would opt for the super snake. How many guys on her have modded 13/14 GT500's? All but none have a super snake . They are more rare and special and to me that means more than speed.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I get why most ppl are saying mod Shelby because the mustang mentality is bang for buck but in this case I would opt for the super snake. How many guys on her have modded 13/14 GT500's? All but none have a super snake . They are more rare and special and to me that means more than speed.

If you are a waxer and have money burning a hole in your pocket, by all means pay the premium, put your car in a vacuum sealed plastic bag and look at it everyday. The next owner will appreciate the discounted price and your care of their performance vehicle.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I would only consider something like this if it was worth more sitting around for 20 years in a heated garage. I would add it to the stable if I was a car collector. For the average Joe I would never buy it.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
In NZ, do you need to do a RHD conversion? I know that here, you have to. I don't know about NZ's import rules either; they're strict here, but if someone needed to, maybe they could ship it over from Aus (if it was cheaper and legal)?

Greetings from Aus, as a fellow Aussie/Kiwi (from both). :)

They introduced a law for any special low production cars. As long as you can prove its a specialty model/under 20000 units you can register under the law. Few other stipulations but it has made it really easy. Cars started flooding in during 2010. 200 cars allowed per year. Its how i drive my 98 cobra over here.

Cheers, where are you from in nz?

Users who are viewing this thread