Whatever happened to a possible military forum?

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
I know there was talk like a year ago or so about possibly having a forum dedicated to military personal similar to the donut shop here on SVTP...just curious if anyone knows what happened?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I remember a thread about it but I guess it never got off the ground. I was looking forward to that also....

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
I would venture to say that a military forum would be at least as active as the donut shop. I guarantee we have more military personell here than any other profession. I don't see why there is such a intransigence too a military forum.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Why do they need a seperate forum? What could be said in there that can't be said in Road Side?

I guess my thinking was, it seems to be a hot thread topic. Much like other topics. In my mind i was comparing it to the way the Terminator forum is broken down. there is the "general" Terminator talk, but then there is Exhaust, turbo, suspension, etc. I guess we can just hang in the Roadside, but since i am in the military i like to contribute when i can to military topics. It is sometimes hard to keep track in Roadside because it is such an active forum. I could go to other military forums, but i like Svtperformance. I guess what i am saying is that it is cool to talk SVT all the time, and it would even better if there was a military forum, or sub-forum just one click away. :beer:

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The problem is there's not really enough interest, and I don't want general discussion broken in to sub-categories, hence the term 'general' discussion. It's the same reason why you don't see separate religion and politics forum.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
The problem is there's not really enough interest, and I don't want general discussion broken in to sub-categories, hence the term 'general' discussion. It's the same reason why you don't see separate religion and politics forum.

Simple enough. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread