what you you buy?

brosef1848

Established Member
i was looking in the same price range. i was pretty much set on buying a e46 m3, and then i started researching bmw. they have A TON of problems and are super expensive to repair and maintain. same with the audi s4 and porsche 911...

i thought about an sti too, but i don't like the boy racer look and image that comes with that type of car.

Remember that the E46 M3 engines are insured up 100k miles no matter the age of the vehicle. Stay away from the SMG and you are set. Repairs are somewhat pricey but when stuff needs to be replaced it is just a reason to upgrade.

STi's may have a "boy racer look" but with proper tuning and upgrades will smother most equally priced vehicles. Plus, the boxer engine with straight exhaust sounds mean.

Just say no to Chrysler products, unless it it has a Snake on it or has solid axles f&r.

brosef1848

Established Member
where did you get this info??????

It actually only applies for a small number of vehicles in a certain build date but if you find one that falls in that period BMW will pretty much rebuild your engine, no cost. This was the case with my friends fathers Dinan M3. Check this link for a copy of the recall notice.

I haven't really researched it much so if I am wrong in my assumptions I apologize.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'd want an E55 AMG but they're probably a little above that price range for a decent one.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
It actually only applies for a small number of vehicles in a certain build date but if you find one that falls in that period BMW will pretty much rebuild your engine, no cost. This was the case with my friends fathers Dinan M3. Check this link for a copy of the recall notice.

I haven't really researched it much so if I am wrong in my assumptions I apologize.

You may be talking about the early 02 rod bearing recall. Not sure if it encompasses a complete free rebuild, but it was limited to a certain build between I believe 10/01 and 2/02. It was a major recall for sure.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
if you were looking for a sports/sporty car under the $25k range (new or used) what you you buy that is NOT A MUSTANG. I am looking for a new-to-me car but keeping my current mustang. lets hear what you guys say.

your from downingtown pa?? who is this??

btw: c5Z all day hands down. you can not beat bang for the buck

16kOrBust

Established Member
2004 Z06, Electron Blue, low mileage, bone stock, mint condition, chrome C5 Z06 wheels. I'd tint the windows and call it a day, taking it to the track every so often to see how low I could whittle down the time to in a stock C5 Z06.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
c5z06 is a good suggestion too... i just sold mine in november. it was a fun car to drive, but the interior is absolute garbage. i still think i enjoyed driving my terminator more though...

Users who are viewing this thread