what years did the harley davidson f-150 come supercharged

99GTvert

Established Member
So do all 01s come with the 4r100's?? I have an 01 and was thinking of building up the motor and supercharging it and was wondering if I had to get a new tranny as well?

tpr103

Established Member
look on the drivers side piller between the front and rear door. there is a vin tag. look where it says trans if it says tr E or tr7 you have the 4r100. then just need to go built or go home lol!! seriously im running about 12-14# and pushing almost 450hp to the wheels on my 98k n/a motor!

MeanGreen99GT

Silver Bullet
Established Member
I have a 2002 HD and love it, only mods are K&N filter and dynomax bullet mufflers, all I need really, I didn't want it to go fast, just cruise. If I want to go fast that what my Mustang is for! :) 02-03 were same motors as Lightnings just pulley and tune difference. I agree, pretty fast for 4door truck. 340hp/425tq stock I believe.

tpr103

Established Member
i have to admit its still fun beating a mustang in a 4dr truck!! even if i just stay with them i consider it a win since im almost double the weight!!

vaboy

Established Member
the 02-03 HD have a forged crank like the L but they do not have the forged piston and rods. The supercharged 02-03 have the 4r100 and have the 2 piece drive shaft in them. I wouldn't see why with a good and correct tune you couldn't push around the same power as the L.

tpr103

Established Member
mostly all the 5.4s ive seen have the forged crank. and no lightning or hd for that matter have forged rods! thats why in the winter months you see alot of vented blocks!my truck dyno'ed 403hp/501tq @4500rpm then there wasn't enough fuel press. that should have been a 450hp run! with my n/a converted truck with 98k on the stock bottom end!!! i also have stock a 4r100 trans. the motors are absolutely identical only thing different is the n/a have slightly high compression!

Users who are viewing this thread