what years did the harley davidson f-150 come supercharged

2005tylers

Established Member
I was originally lokking for a lighning but i have a baby on the way :banana: so im gonna need the room for a car seat i still want the superchaged truck what years was it stock

2005tylers

Established Member
sweet it's hard to tell on some of the auto trader ad's some say it and some don't i'm just gonna have to find some to look at now not much of a market for em in utah

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
2000 = N/A 5.4 Extended Cab
2001 = N/A 5.4 Super Crew Cab
2002/2003 = S/C 5.4 Super Crew Cab

after that... blah

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
00/01 were NA

02/03 were SC. pretty much a lightning motor in it, really no difference.

the new new ones like late 07, and 08 are available with a saleen SC option, and also a complete HD Saleen package, which also includes the saleen blower.

Sklander

Established Member
It was not "pretty much a lightning motor". It was a pos 2v 5.4 with 6# from an Eaton. Same Supercharger; vastly NON SVT BUILT motor.

I blew one up with an 8# pulley. Got it covered under warranty. :)

It did make 402/555 with 8#, intake, plugs and a custom tune. Truck was quick for a big pig.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
uhh, the blower makes more than 6PSI. i had one, and modded it. and the only reason it only makes 6PSI is because it has a slightly larger upper pulley than a L, L makes around 2PSI more if i remember correctly.

8# is too much though, with that heaton, i wouldnt go more than 6# on a stock motor. a whipple is a different story though.

PGreenSVT

Established Member
I have an 02 and I see superchargers for sale with an 01 bolt pattern but they might be from the L. The SC was not an option it either had it or it didn't. It is the same motor as in the Lightning with a milder tune cuz it is a heavier truck. 2PSI difference due to a 2.93 L upper and a 3.12 HD upper. I have a 2.93 with a 6# lower on my 02 and it puts down 395/531 on a Mustang dyno.

BLK93GT

Established Member
It was not "pretty much a lightning motor". It was a pos 2v 5.4 with 6# from an Eaton. Same Supercharger; vastly NON SVT BUILT motor.

I blew one up with an 8# pulley. Got it covered under warranty. :)

It did make 402/555 with 8#, intake, plugs and a custom tune. Truck was quick for a big pig.

EXACT same motor as the SVT Lightning. ONLY thing different is the Harley F150 only had a 6lb upper pulley stock where as a Lightning has an 8lb.

The only ones that usually pop are ones not tuned SAFE or RIGHT, or owners that beat the crap out of them in cold weather...or extended highway runs!

Lightningfr

Banned
EXACT same motor as the SVT Lightning. ONLY thing different is the Harley F150 only had a 6lb upper pulley stock where as a Lightning has an 8lb.

The only ones that usually pop are ones not tuned SAFE or RIGHT, or owners that beat the crap out of them in cold weather...or extended highway runs!

agree'd

simple treason

Established Member

extended highway runs???......explain please

What about a 2005 F150 5.4L with a Whipple SC? I've been thinking about adding the whipple to my truck but don't know much about the outcome. I have kids too and a Lightning is completely out of the question.

tpr103

Established Member
im one of the converted! i have had my truck s/c'ed for over 2 years now with no problems! i have been running 12lbs of boost since day one! also until sep. 07 i never realized i was running lean on the top end!! guess im just one of the lucky few!!! thats all about to change in the next couple of months. stay tuned!!!!

fastback brian

Established Member
the engines are pretty much the same as the lightning. either the pulley is different and the tune must be different, the change would be the smaller trans the harley has, its 4r70w is a far cry from the heavy duty diesel spec 4r100 the lighter lightning has. I have a customer with a 450+rwhp whippled 05 super crew and the stock 4r75w just cant stay together after repeated or extended abuse... something about the super crew body, they never got the 4r100 and the newer 04+ all have the 4r75w....

tpr103

Established Member
thats wrong in 01 the 4r100 was an option. my truck has one stock. only thing is it doesn't have the L planetaries. it also has a onepiece aluminum drive shaft. the 02-03 s/c hds have the same trans as the L but it has a 2 piece steal d/s. im pushing well over 400hp out of my n/a motor with 98k and the same trans with the same mileage and haven't had one problem in over 2 years. i have a built jdm motor 2.3 whip, and another tranny that im going to get built. also the n/a motors have alittle more compression then the s/c motors.

fastback brian

Established Member
thats wrong in 01 the 4r100 was an option. my truck has one stock. only thing is it doesn't have the L planetaries. it also has a onepiece aluminum drive shaft. the 02-03 s/c hds have the same trans as the L but it has a 2 piece steal d/s. im pushing well over 400hp out of my n/a motor with 98k and the same trans with the same mileage and haven't had one problem in over 2 years. i have a built jdm motor 2.3 whip, and another tranny that im going to get built. also the n/a motors have alittle more compression then the s/c motors.

you know what Your right. I guess Ive seen one to many S/C conversions and cant tell the real HD from the fakes. The small trans was on most the standard f150 5.4 supercrews..the HD got one of the 4r100's.. for sure the 05-07 HD's supercharged or not have the 4r75w trans.

BLK93GT

Established Member

Wassup man!? I unfortunately have the odd ball of the bunch being the 1st year truck.

Mine has the 1 piece LONGGGG aluminum driveshaft but I've seen what happens to them with too much power, not pretty.

I'm one of the FEW that has had no issues with the 4R70W I think seeing as I have 165,000+ miles on my truck with original tranny still.

Thats part of the reason I decided to sell my SC swap setup, I think I would have crapped the tranny out a week later. I'm going to install a Magnacharger on my truck instead, a little M90 intercooled kit with 5lbs. AED sells the kit now. I got it new in the crate with everything except the heat exchanger for $1585 shipped!

Users who are viewing this thread