What X Pipe does this Cobra have?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
An expensive one...more than likely has a bassani or mrt unit..bassani in my opinion sound like ass and have a gurgles waffle stuck in the mid section which I hate...but prob a mrt or even a magnaflow or something...upr few tho

CamdZ06

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I knew it wasn't Bassani because that is what i currently have on mine and this sounds a bit different! :)

HandBanana

Established Member
You could always post a comment and ask the poster.

Do a lot of people actually check their youtube accounts though? Especially for old videos? I always wondered how many of these comments are actually read. I crack up at the replies to street racing videos.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
An expensive one...more than likely has a bassani or mrt unit..bassani in my opinion sound like ass and have a gurgles waffle stuck in the mid section which I hate...but prob a mrt or even a magnaflow or something...upr few tho

+1 on the Bassani O/R x sound.....one word....bad.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
actually, not true as some are made differently..as an example, the Bassani and others have a clamshell type of X that handles the sound waves differently than for example UPR which has a siamesed type of x. the sound waves react differently. take also for example the prochamber, sounds different than the other X's out there. certainly the muffler selection also plays into it, but there will be differences in sound according to the style of X.

smitty2919

Established Member
You can't compare a prochamber to an H or X pipe. It's a mass produced Pressure Wave Termination Box. Not in the same ballpark engineering wise as an H or X. But if you want to say the point of all three designes is to balance pressure waves and deal with scavenging...then OK.

For topic of this conversation a UPR or Bassani X will perform the same and sound close to eachother to the point it's not worth paying the Bassani prices. Unless you want to swap cars in/out.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
if you listen to both with similar mufferl setups, you will see what I mean. different. at least, that has been my experience.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
for those interested, it is not necessarily a pressure wave termination box, although that may describe what the prochamber is allegedly: a modified Helmholtz chamber. the patent pic on it is supposed to be this (not exactly an h or an x):

prochamber_zps4c344dee.png

D1SC_GT

Banned

mr-proper

Established Member
It doesn't matter what X pipe it is, they will all sound the same.

Not true, magaflow xpipe sound lot better then any bassani,bbk midpipe. They actually using real X.
love the sound from my catted magnalfow xpipe combined with my borlas. Not cheap,700$ for the midpipe,well worth it.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You can't compare a prochamber to an H or X pipe. It's a mass produced Pressure Wave Termination Box. Not in the same ballpark engineering wise as an H or X. But if you want to say the point of all three designes is to balance pressure waves and deal with scavenging...then OK.

For topic of this conversation a UPR or Bassani X will perform the same and sound close to eachother to the point it's not worth paying the Bassani prices. Unless you want to swap cars in/out.

Idk you get what you pay for. I love my Magnaflow catted X. Sometimes I wish it was a off road Magnaflow X. The UPR is in a bunch of pieces when you get it and prone to leaking. The Bassani you can remove cats as you please. I just don't care for the clamshell design jmo.

Users who are viewing this thread