What would you trade or sell your current car for?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My 65, Fox Body and 03 SVT Cobra coupe are not going anywhere.

However, I would love to replace my 03 Roush 380R and my 03 SVT Cobra Vert with a 13/14 GT500 and a superformance or Backdraft Shelby Cobra replica.

View attachment 1830364

A cobra kit car with a max effort, e85 N/A coyote 550+ hp would be absolutely wicked.

Damn!!

Dusten

Established Member
Wouldn’t sell or trade my bucket. It’s been awesome. Not many out there to replace it. Partial pic of my Marti Report, not to be taken out of context.

View attachment 1830306

Only vehicle I’d like is a ‘61-‘66 Ford shortbox pickup, w/manual, small V8, with disc brakes, modern suspension/steering.
No fake patina or a/c.

That's close to what I'm building but mines a long bed.

Crown Vic front
Explorer rear
351w with afr heads and Ed Curtis cam.
Efi
All the goodies

prs97

Established Member
I'd love to add a C6 Z06 or a C6 ZR1...

That's the current list. I'm sure it will change 5 minutes from now.

Rare40th

Established Member
I drive a beater '21 wrx but I would give it away to have my Uncles 94 Rio Red Cobra and my old 40th anniversary GT back honestly. Outside of that Subaru sends me those idiotic appraisal "we want your car" things and if they were serious on their number I would sell it for what they keep sending me. I enjoy it but don't have the attachment like the cars i do above. I would also dump it for an 03 or 04 Cobra

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I drive a beater '21 wrx but I would give it away to have my Uncles 94 Rio Red Cobra and my old 40th anniversary GT back honestly. Outside of that Subaru sends me those idiotic appraisal "we want your car" things and if they were serious on their number I would sell it for what they keep sending me. I enjoy it but don't have the attachment like the cars i do above. I would also dump it for an 03 or 04 Cobra
A three year old car and it's already a beater?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
@Bdubbs thats an extremely tough one for sure. I’d say many times we buy cars we enjoy to look at more than we want to drive. The thought of something happening to low mileage cars, and dings, dents, rock chips etc. That has prevented me from driving my Low Mileage Coupe. I bought a second one because I love them. So I had one I could admire and one I could drive, and have fun with. If I gets rock chips I’ll shrug it off and use black touch up paint.

That being said I’d ask yourself if you traded your GT350 would you drive the other replacement more, or would it sit and be a nice thing to look at as well. I guess it’s all preference at this point. You’ve got an amazing stable, it’s a tough choice. Sounds to me like you just want to change it up, and also the GT350 reminds you both of the loss of your dog. Memories like that burn into your head whether you want them to or not.
Some very solid points! If I sold the 350, I doubt I'd drive the next car more. Last night I was at the shop and just looked at the 350 and asked myself, "why would I want to sell this car"? It is an amazing car. And it has rock chips and such. Plus with the Ford ESP I really should be taking advantage and driving the $hit out of it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
Some very solid points! If I sold the 350, I doubt I'd drive the next car more. Last night I was at the shop and just looked at the 350 and asked myself, "why would I want to sell this car"? It is an amazing car. And it has rock chips and such. Plus with the Ford ESP I really should be taking advantage and driving the $hit out of it.

If I had that GT350 and the warranty I’d be driving the hell out of it. Thats my only concern with those cars. When I was told it’s acceptable to burn up to a quart of oil a month I was like WELLLL.

And for those reasons I’m out - Barbara Cochren Shark Tank

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If I had that GT350 and the warranty I’d be driving the hell out of it. Thats my only concern with those cars. When I was told it’s acceptable to burn up to a quart of oil a month I was like WELLLL.

I know....I said that I would. I've heard some have oil burning issues and others not. I haven't logged enough miles in a year to even know.

LS WUT

Established Member
I know....I said that I would. I've heard some have oil burning issues and others not. I haven't logged enough miles in a year to even know.

I suppose it’s like the C6 Z06 Valve Guide issue. Some dropped a valve at 600 miles and some haven’t dropped a valve at over 100k miles.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
A cobra kit car with a max effort, e85 N/A coyote 550+ hp would be absolutely wicked.

Damn!!
I hear this plan. I’m hoping my wife will like it soft under 4K and I’ll drive it 4-8k range when I borrow it.
Seriously though that’s a perfect match the Coyote and a TKX or Magnum and some sticky tires.
-J

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Man my 07 Silverado must be a busted ass piece of shit then

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear this plan. I’m hoping my wife will like it soft under 4K and I’ll drive it 4-8k range when I borrow it.
Seriously though that’s a perfect match the Coyote and a TKX or Magnum and some sticky tires.
-J

Right!!

Dang. Hell of a retirement project.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member

I'll be a SOB I don't even think old faithful as my DD burns a quart per month and she's what 26 years old now

Users who are viewing this thread