What Would You Like To See?

Blackdevil77

Established Member
What would you like to see in the next Mustang? So far, I'm liking what I am hearing. Independent rear, at least 400 pounds lighter etc.

I'm hoping with the car weighing that much less, that acceleration times and handling improve accordingly. I'm hoping the car traps around 113-115 in the quarter, which to me seems entirely possible with that weigh reduction and a modest bump in power, which usually always accompanies new models.

I'd like a more modern, configurable gauge cluster. Something similar to what is in the C7 Corvette would be really cool.

And of course, I hope it looks good and not like a 2 door fusion which some are worried about. I can't wait until the release.

What would you guys like to see in the next Mustang?

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Something that puts the new vette to shame in every way. probably a pipe dream but I hate the comparison that always goes on between the two even though they are two different classes of cars.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Something that puts the new vette to shame in every way. probably a pipe dream but I hate the comparison that always goes on between the two even though they are two different classes of cars.

That would be nice. If the car does weigh 400 pounds less than the current one, and it gets a 30 hp bump or so, acceleration may be quite similar. THAT would be a substantial improvement over the current gen, but I'm afraid they'll think that's "too fast" for their GT Mustang. Hoping I'm wrong though

americansteel

Banned
Im thinking flat-crank 9000 rpm 600hp n/a with IRS and a T56...
yeah not even happening!

6.2l 3100lbs, IRS, drop the bulky rocker panels have a lean and clean look. 05 rear like design, stop with the black plastics, a front end that resembles the current platform yet with its own design in a way. 16 inch wheels fat tires. truly a muscle car. have its own design not like what ford is already doing with every car they offer.

and there is something that has been released about a 2 door fusion.

NametoShowOther

Established Member
yeah not even happening!

6.2l 3100lbs, IRS, drop the bulky rocker panels have a lean and clean look. 05 rear like design, stop with the black plastics, a front end that resembles the current platform yet with its own design in a way. 16 inch wheels fat tires. truly a muscle car. have its own design not like what ford is already doing with every car they offer.

and there is something that has been released about a 2 door fusion.

Double not happening in both posts

1hot281

Established Member
I'm hoping for a LX striper model like the Fox bodies had back in the day. Something lighter weight, maybe without AC, no power windows and door locks, rear seat delete, etc etc.

A Mustang model under the already announced "400+lbs lighter than current gen" with a slightly beefier version of the 300+hp V6, maybe 330hp... would hurt some feelings.

John Boschma

Ho slappin champion!!
Established Member
I would love to see old school delete options. no radio,manual windows and locks,a'c delete. more stripped down base models for guys/girls who want strictly performance,and not a bunch of electronic gizmos.
maybe gear options. screw the glass roof stuff and the fancy navigation systems,need it in a performance car.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Something that's 3300-3400 pounds tops, 450 hp and still have a good auto trans. The TR6060 and MT-82 can go suck it!!!!!

americansteel

Banned
Something that's 3300-3400 pounds tops, 450 hp and still have a good auto trans. The TR6060 and MT-82 can go suck it!!!!!

3200lbs is more like it! the 5.0l 450hp isn't going to happen. especially when the 5.8l comes to the mach1 and cobra. im just hoping this car wont look like the fusion. I do agree with the trans thought.

specizripn

Established Member
That 600 hp NA flat crank 5.4 Gt350 rumor would be nice. Don't care about the car, next mustang would be a 69 or a 13/14, but a motor like that would be great for a kit car I want to do :banana: I guess a guy can dream, but that sounds quite a bit unrealistic, certainly not impossible, but a bit of a stretch. A 3200lb IRS GT350 with 600hp na (like rumored) would be a track monster; very appealing to europe, which is fords direction, so maybe it will happen :poke:

mustangletback

Established Member
i would like to see the mustang gt with 475hp and lose that almost 400lbs.that people are talking about,so it can put a halt on that new ugly ass wanna be ferrari front ass vette.that would cripple the next generation CRAPMARO.then a 600hp N/A GT350,then to top it off,the 725hp svt COBRA.supercharged or twin turbo.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
450 hp doesn't seem so farfetched. A 30 hp bump between generations seems pretty good. But honestly, I'd be happy if they kept the power the same. The weight saving alone would make a huge difference. If they manage to take 400 lbs out of this car, it would weigh less than the Corvette. And I happen to like the new Corvette. I just wish they made it faster than the outgoing one.

Users who are viewing this thread