What Would You Guys Do??????

baby2000

Established Member
Well iam at a crossroads with my car. Two weeks ago i took it out to do some drag racing and was completly blown away by how well it is running. It still has the ported eaton and 100 shot of nitrous on stand by. I still have not sprayed it with the new setup which i have been working with going on 2 years now. Part of the reason for not spraying is i am running out of gear at the top end iam crossing the line at 6400 rpm and trapping at 127.51mph. If i spray it i am going to have to shift into 5th which i dont know if i want to do? Here is a break down of my time slip.
1.46 60'
6.92 1/8
95 mph
10.80 1/4
Mind you this is still on the ported blower and ported stock throttle body. I am throwing around the idea of getting a solid axel but with such good 60's i don't know if i want to mess with something that is working so well. I know that i am shooting for the stars but i want to be able to run a 9.99 with the spray. Here is my mods list to help me accomplish this.
Dragon throttle body and plenum, Move my battery to the trunk, bigger ice box for the intercooler where the battery goes, also a two step for the launch and to help me power shift and some 3.73 gears. Now the big questions is do you guys think that i can do it with the IRS or would you guys go Solid axel? I think that if i can get the car to go a 10.50 with out the spray i think tha ti might a chance one i spray it to be in the really low 10's maybe even a 9.99. Please let me hear your suggestions.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
IMO keep the IRS, it may take less abuse than SRA.....but many have proven it can do well at the dragstrip....just as you have already done. also helps retain a specific component of a Terminator that sets it apart from other Fords....

great timeslip.... wish I had 60' that low:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Keep the IRS, do FTBR bushings and the 3.73s at the same time.

Then add yourself to the relatively small list of historically significant bad ass drag race IRS equipped TERMINATORS!!!

And still enjoy the smooth ride and handling the other 98% of the time you are driving the car.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I wouldnt mess with the irs if you're cutting 60's in the 1.40's. I think 3.73 would be the wrong way if you dont want to use fifth. See if anyone's used a higher gear.
Very nice times, congrats! What tire and size?

Users who are viewing this thread