• 88 TT GT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Looks like it may be either the 98 or 96 due to the fact that the owner of the 88GT does not have any inspection/exemption tags for the car. Besides, both the cobras are very local to me rather then 4-5 hrs west. I may have to re-nig on the 88.

So looks like the 98/96 are in the running.

I say the '98 also Matt all things considered:rockon:

BLK_VNM

Established Member
porcharger is very streetable. i loved my d1. honestly it doesnt drag on the motor and in stop and go traffic its like driving a stock car. it really only started to kick on the higher rpm's so it was great on gas. i dont know who told you lol but they are dead wrong.

BLWN SN-95

Established Member
yea most centriaguls are very streetable, i had my blower rebuilt with a custom impellar to spool a little quicker but its nothing like the D1, i have the SQ tho and its not whistling like hell all day.

Last edited:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
i like the 98. I am a sucker for black and have seen the car in the for sale section. If i didnt lease my caddy, i would add the 98 to my stable.

BIGBAIR

Established Member
Andy's car is the white 96?

no mine is 98 chrome yellow!
57000 miles.
bulit motor
novi 2000
viper spec
410 rear
31 spline axles
alum drive shaft plus loop
snow performance--
should i keep going?

mint interior! ( jsut some ugly seats LOL) not bad but came with car when i got it.

hit me up if your intersted

andy

TRBO VNM

not to bash anyone or anyones cars as I didn't read everything about each one, this goes out to anyone looking to buy a 96-98 cobra with forced induction. I don't care how good or safe the tune is, just plan on saving for a motor. side on the safe side and save up just in case. I have not seen one of them last yet. some I have seen go at 5k miles after the blower install and some 10-20k.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
your talking about people pushing over the 425-450 mark with out forged internals though correct? i know plnty of long running 96-98 cobras with chargers running over 500 granted they have forged internals and minor head work.

TRBO VNM

your talking about people pushing over the 425-450 mark with out forged internals though correct? i know plnty of long running 96-98 cobras with chargers running over 500 granted they have forged internals and minor head work.

I have seen it with as little as 8#. basically just a matter of time really. and yeah, when you have a properly built forged motor, let her rip. I just caution forced induction on those motors. I would definitely run the aftercooler to help longetivity and safety.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Jason, not that I ever plan on forced induction, but I know the Teksid blocks are strong. Whats the weak link(s) in the motors when upping the boost?

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would have to see the complete list of mods for each car, what the cars looked like, and know the asking price before I could make a decision.

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
Just my 2cents,but if i could justify another cobra, I'd buy Blwn sn95"s car. I've seen both cars in question, but I guess I'm smittin for the black sn95 body....go figure?

TRBO VNM

Jason, not that I ever plan on forced induction, but I know the Teksid blocks are strong. Whats the weak link(s) in the motors when upping the boost?

the block and crank are strong and can hold a lot of power, it is the rest of it.

Users who are viewing this thread