What would you do?

97Snake1668

Amazon Racing-None Better
Established Member
I finally sold my Jeep so now I am going to put on some more mods. I am definitly porting the blower but now my question is what else would you all do? I already have AR CAI, 4:10 gears, 3.1 upper, Predator, and Borla Stingers. I was thinking about doing the lower but not sure what pound. Also I was probably going to do a smaller upper. Any thoughts on how this would work out? Please let me know. I plan on heading to Amazon Racing (about an hour and a half from me) for a dyno tune afterwards to maximize the work done. Thanks for any input you may have.

Semper Fi,
Kris

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Rick @ Amazon is definitely the man for the tune, he has been known to make some big power on the apten setups.

I would suggest a 3.1 Upper & 6lb lower for a combined total of 14-16psi. Anything over 14-15psi in an eaton is creating more heat than good. Your car would make gobs of torque and surely make 500whp+ on the upper/lower combo Or you could always go with a 2.7 or 2.8, I like how simple an "upper only" car is. You could make 14psi.

I didnt see a X or Hpipe listed in your mods, that is 10-20whp bottled up there IMOP.

our gonna have some issues running a gear and 500whp like you have, so you may need to focus some attention on suspension setups with some good shocks, subframes.

97Snake1668

Established Member
I started thinking about doing the subframes at the same time. I probably could get the put in at Amazon while I was there. I wasnt sure if I wanted to go with the x pipe due to how loud the car would be with the stingers. Will the 2.7/2.8 spin the ported blower too fast or will that be right on the money? Thanks again for the response. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Kris

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by broke7
Rick @ Amazon is definitely the man for the tune, he has been known to make some big power on the apten setups.

I would suggest a 3.1 Upper & 6lb lower for a combined total of 14-16psi. Anything over 14-15psi in an eaton is creating more heat than good. Your car would make gobs of torque and surely make 500whp+ on the upper/lower combo Or you could always go with a 2.7 or 2.8, I like how simple an "upper only" car is. You could make 14psi.

I didnt see a X or Hpipe listed in your mods, that is 10-20whp bottled up there IMOP.

our gonna have some issues running a gear and 500whp like you have, so you may need to focus some attention on suspension setups with some good shocks, subframes.
That is so true. I usually do not recommend the 2.76 upper for this very reason, but it is better to state it like you did. I was getting 15 lbs. with my 2.90 upper but that might have been a bit higher than normal since others are getting 13-14 lbs. with the same pulley. So a 2.80 would not be out of that 'recommended' range. You know, I replaced my 2.90 with a 2.80 and saw no increase power wise. But torque increased by about 11. Not sure if that is "normal" or not.

97Snake1668

Established Member
Well it seems that there is about a month wait to get an apten port job so I think I am going to go ahead and get a 6lb lower and then head up to Amazon Racing for Rick to dyno tune my car. That should put me in the 500ish range after letting him tweek it for a while. Anyone else have any other recomendations?

Semper Fi,
Kris

Users who are viewing this thread