What would you do?

mr 347

Established Member
There is so much info on these forums, it will make your head spin! LOL I have an Idea of what I want, but I want to do it right the first time. Ive made many mistakes in the past, only to find out I should have done this or that. Leading off, when I purchased my 12 500, I got axel back Pypes. It sounded good with everything stock, but now Im running a JBA high flow catted X, and it is way too loud. My son has Borla Stingers on his Terminator (no cats), and they sound great. Ive listened to clip after clip, but cannot really tell which muffler will sound great with a catted X. Opinions? OK on to the modding. motor is bone stock. I have a 123 JLT cold air for it already, and was thinking of adding the following. Either the VMP 67mm or the Ford Racing 65mm TB. Do either of those carry a carb #? I was thinking the Ford Racing piece might be more passable with the visual. (CA) I was also going to add a VMP elbow, along with upper and lower pulleys. Now what size pulleys would you recommend? Is there anything else I should add while I'm doing all this right now? I have been told VMP is the way to go for a tune, so more than likely I would be going that direction as well. Any guesses of what that combo would put down? Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
There is so much info on these forums, it will make your head spin! LOL I have an Idea of what I want, but I want to do it right the first time. Ive made many mistakes in the past, only to find out I should have done this or that. Leading off, when I purchased my 12 500, I got axel back Pypes. It sounded good with everything stock, but now Im running a JBA high flow catted X, and it is way too loud. My son has Borla Stingers on his Terminator (no cats), and they sound great. Ive listened to clip after clip, but cannot really tell which muffler will sound great with a catted X. Opinions? OK on to the modding. motor is bone stock. I have a 123 JLT cold air for it already, and was thinking of adding the following. Either the VMP 67mm or the Ford Racing 65mm TB. Do either of those carry a carb #? I was thinking the Ford Racing piece might be more passable with the visual. (CA) I was also going to add a VMP elbow, along with upper and lower pulleys. Now what size pulleys would you recommend? Is there anything else I should add while I'm doing all this right now? I have been told VMP is the way to go for a tune, so more than likely I would be going that direction as well. Any guesses of what that combo would put down? Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
We are not CARB certified for the throttle body alone but that's not stopped a WHOLE lotta people from purchasing them. Must be for off road, competition use only I suppose.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread