What would you do in this situation ? Vid inside

svt_fan1129

Established Member
The doe is protection her little new born fawn. She ends up attacking a dog and almost killing it. What would you have done if this was your dog ? Its in a city so shots couldnt be fired ? I honestly wouldnt know what to do. I think I would just shoot it... but then i cud get in trouble shooting in the city.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGn1GABF0Q"]YouTube - Cranbrook Deer[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
I think it might be a repost here but if it was my dog I would go batshit crazy on it with whatever I have in my hand. If its a baseball bat then even better. When I saw the video I couldnt believe the people were just standing there videotaping it and doing nothing.:dw:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
This is an old video...but anyone that says they'd go after the deer with a bat or whatever is a dumbass.

This is what would happen to you...

[youtube_browser]67FDuCvObBM[/youtube_browser]

As much as I'd like to protect my dog, it aint worth potential death or serious injury, and no point in going to jail for shooting the deer. SO i'd probably try and scare the deer off while trying to rescue my dog, but run like a Bish if it turned on me...

Last edited:

Lt14life

Established Member
I live an hour from there. Saw this video a while back. We have deer problems in town all over this area. If I saw that happening I would have definately beat the shit out of that deer. Deer attacks on dogs aren;t actually uncommon in this area.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
I would eliminate the target with extreme prejudice
major-payne.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Funny how the doe didn't bother with the cat until the cat swatted at her nose. I really expect it to go after the cat at the beginning. That poor dog took quite a beating. Those deer hooves are nasty.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
This is nature guys.

I would like to see you guys go after the deer! You will be on the ground with the dog.

A compound bow, really? Carry one of those around in your pocket do ya?

Lets take shots in a populated area at a deer who is protecting its young from other animals! good idea.

Tough pooch and kitty got what was coming to them. :bash:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i think i'll get up in the morning and slice a deer with my bow just because.

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
This is nature guys.

I would like to see you guys go after the deer! You will be on the ground with the dog.

A compound bow, really? Carry one of those around in your pocket do ya?

Lets take shots in a populated area at a deer who is protecting its young from other animals! good idea.

Tough pooch and kitty got what was coming to them. :bash:

I got quick reflexes. And as a matter of fact my compound bow sits tucked away neatly in my fanny pack.

RichM1983

Established Member
This actually happened to my mothers dog. She wasn't even protecting a fawn from what we could tell. If she was we never saw it. The doe ran the dog down and jumped on its back and only kicked it a few times and then turned and ran the other direction. It was crazy. Dog was fine and never barks at deer anymore lol.

Krwy

Established Member
I don't think I would be able to do anything. My dog would probably run off, hes pretty smart. Or he would clamp down on that deers neck and take it down. German Shepherd bites are no joke, both of my forearms are bruised from playing with the bite sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread