What would you change on the S550 Mustang?

What would you change about the S550 Mustang?

b6FGKdc.jpg

Ford's latest Mustangs may be their best yet, but there's always room for improvement. What do you think could be improved on the S550?

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Agreed with all of the above. The gearing on the MT82 is fantastic but that's about all I like about it. Factory exhaust is also way too quiet, both my previous 3v and 2v sounded better stock.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ford should have put a n/a 5.8 motor in it with 11.0:1 compression that would be rated at 475Hp and a tremec behind it. And make recaros standard equipment. The sagging rear suspension is a problem but mods can address that!

usaf_branham

Established Member
Reroute the condenser lines so the forward most header nut is more easily accessible... Or just have longtubes pre installed from the factory...

Branhammer

Established Member
Ford should have put a n/a 5.8 motor in it with 11.0:1 compression that would be rated at 475Hp and a tremec behind it. And make recaros standard equipment. The sagging rear suspension is a problem but mods can address that!

Trying to make the base GT a $40k car? Lol

Let's see. Stronger manual transmission. 8-speed auto option for all you women. Factory STB. 3.55 gears standard. Slightly louder exhaust (maybe just lose the resonator?) Drop a couple hundred pounds and add 20-25 rwhp and rwtq. Fix the hood so it stops vibrating at interstate speeds!

Keep the base GT under $35k

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ Beat me to it! Make the car about 80-90% the size it is now. Proportions are right, Mustangs are just too big now. This also translates to bringing the weight down. Those two things are what kept me from getting a 15+.

saf1

Established Member
Change the speed limits. Seriously.

Put it on Weight Watchers. It is only a matter of time before Ford starts making move if not all of their cars out of aluminium like the F-150. Mustang is the next logical choice.

Put Sync into Open Source status or provide an API/Developers SDK. Would like to see an option to let people build apps that connect car to mobile, tablet, or laptops. Data logging, Map customization, and Steering Wheel integration with maps/apps. Hands should be on the wheel while driving, not display or phones.

Other than that, the 2015+ is a sound platform that Ford presented to car enthusiasts. While I wish I wasn't as lazy and earned a bit more money to buy a GT350, truth be told the 2015 GT PP I have already can't be driven to its full potential on the public roads. Knowing this the extra handling and power the 350 offers would just go to waste or land me more tickets or on a long timeout :)

Zodiac

Established Member
Discontinue the manual trans so I don't have to hear all the little bitches make themselves feel important because they like to have a firm grip on a stick.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Get rid of the base v6. What a waste that is. Had one for a few days, reminded me slightly of a base Corrola. It really needs the 3.5 eecoboost in it (like the one in my Transit) but that may out sell the 5.0 with all that bottom end torque. loose the 4 cyl while you're at it. Make the front wheel gap the same OR less than the rear wheel gap! The front wheel gap on the v6 is greater than the rear by about a half inch...... sickening. That should NEVER happen unless your driving around a short course TRUCK.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread