what would you buy?

ExTurbo

Established Member
if you are going to put in in the car, do mods that will help you down the line, suspension, wheels tires, clutch, headers etc, then if you ever decide to put a blower of some kind it will be ready for the power, or you could do a nasty n/a setup and not have to worry about building the motor

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Thanks for all the options. Its a m6 car that gets maybe 5000 miles a year weekend warrior. I'm trying to set up a car that will be a blast at tx2k so rolls mainly. But I will see the track maybe 5 times a year. My goals were to get a paxton 18 inch rims with 305s out back lca uca and mount and maybe lower it with a panhard bar. For the suspension ill go bmr everything and down the road I want koni yellows. I can't decide if I wanna pull the trigger tho. I have some 15 inch racestars already for the track but will need some good street tires to hook.

CPRsm

Hookers and blo. Yup. At least a weeks worth of fun and less headaches than any car. Just leave a little left over for penicillin lol

chao5.0

Established Member
Thanks for all the options. Its a m6 car that gets maybe 5000 miles a year weekend warrior. I'm trying to set up a car that will be a blast at tx2k so rolls mainly. But I will see the track maybe 5 times a year. My goals were to get a paxton 18 inch rims with 305s out back lca uca and mount and maybe lower it with a panhard bar. For the suspension ill go bmr everything and down the road I want koni yellows. I can't decide if I wanna pull the trigger tho. I have some 15 inch racestars already for the track but will need some good street tires to hook.

I would definitely go turbo then, turbos freight train everything on the top end which is what roll racing is. go single on E85 with a good fuel system for now and start saving for a built short block, suspension can be done while saving for the shortblock. don't forget about the clutch, driveshaft, or rearend.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

great plan for the $$ you have...

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Are twins any better over single I mean I just read where someone with twins melted a piston down so I kinda worry about that

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Ya I understand that but it seems like the the stock motor can't really handle the power twins put out compared to a Paxton or tvs or single turbo

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
I ran 784 on e85 for 5,xxx miles and never had any issues. Shaun at AED tuned mine, but of course anyone will reccommend you to build a block.. stock block can hold up but its only a matter of time before it blows with that much power..

CSG

Established Member
For tx2k turbo no doubt. I would look into the single kits. I had twins and removed them. I would have loved to try a single kit to compare to the twins but I'm not throwing more money at turbos that may have the same issues that I had with the twins.

Users who are viewing this thread