What Would You Buy?

Oldnavyt

Established Member
A 04 Cobra with under 10k miles completely stock or wait for a 2011 Mustang GT. Given that the HP number are very close on the two. One is heavier, one is lighter. One is brand new with alot more options, Nav, rear camera and it goes on from there, VS a 6 to 7 year old no options car pretty much. Discuss.

Common

Established Member
I had the cobra and for logical reasons I would go with the new GT in your case.

Power is similar, car will be more comfortable, better sound system, it will have a warranty and financing it will be ten times easier, plus you will get much better interest rate.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Hmmmm. Kinda hard to over look those forged internals. Gotta go with the Cobra. To much potential to pass up.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I had the cobra and for logical reasons I would go with the new GT in your case.

Power is similar, car will be more comfortable, better sound system, it will have a warranty and financing it will be ten times easier, plus you will get much better interest rate.
Depends, I mostly agree with Common except on comfort. I hate how my friends 08 Shelby felt and I don't see how any different the GT will be. Financing will depend a lot on the loan but you will get a better deal's on the new GT. The 04 Cobra I was trying to get was with a 4% interest with only 3% down, car was 23k which I thought it was a really good price. Now looks will be up to you, power should be real similar, Cobra might be a bit faster but dont expect any doors to be blown. Cobra might get more out of it because of the S/C but its always sweet having a fast N/A car. Cobra has more potential because of forged internals, etc.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Do you plan on making a monster out of it? If you're wanting to make 550+ to the wheels I'd take the 03/04.
If you're just going to do the basics and be happy I'd do the '11.

Either on will be a heck of a car. Just depends on your plans for the car.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
also, your going to take a HUGE price hit on the GT, where the Cobra.. that's already been done by the prior owner..

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Get the Cobra, put the money you saved buying the Cobra vs the 2011 GT into a Kenne Bell supercharger and firmly depress right foot.

You will not regret your decision.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
do you plan on making a monster out of it? If you're wanting to make 550+ to the wheels i'd take the 03/04.
If you're just going to do the basics and be happy i'd do the '11.

Either on will be a heck of a car. Just depends on your plans for the car.

+1

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Just like the V6 vs 96 Cobra thread:

If I have to pay for it, I'm getting the Cobra, if they are being given to me, I'm getting the 2011 GT.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Tr 10th anniversary is what i would get...but thats just me

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Did Ford even leave much room on the 2011 GT for power adders?

A few Ford engineers have said that there is still room for improvement, but realistically no one will know until they get into the hands of Tuners and they start finding the limits.

My94GT

Established Member
it really depends on what you plan to do with the car. if i was looking for a fun car to drive and do some simple bolt ons id go with the 11 gt.

if i wanted a car that i was planning to mod more extensively id go with the cobra. if i had the money to blow though id get the next gt500 and mod that.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Again, are you gonna buy what other random members on this site tell you?

If it were me and I actually like retro styling I'd go with the 2011

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Neither. There's a reason I sold my Mustang - it was missing all the new amenities that new cars have, and it was old and clunky. And how I feel about the exterior not withstanding, I just don't think the 2011 will be mod friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread