What would it take to get my car to 3500 lbs?

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Ok...I want 3500 lbs as cheap as possible....

Here is what I have....

No spare/jack....O/R x pipe, no rear seat, 17X9 front and 17X10.5 rear FR500's....

What else do I need to do to get to 3500 aside from ditching the stock seats (already tried that, but hated it) and aside from getting rid of the IRS? I son't want a tubular K either.

Am I screwed? I can't think of anything else....but I was hoping someone would chime in...

exdeath

Established Member
3665-3500 = 165 lbs to drop.

You can get rid of at least half that with a tubular K and coil-overs all around The IRS if you are intent on going solid axle would get rid of the other half.

Rear seat delete and spare tire delete would get trim it out if you needed more.

Other than that there isn't a whole lot else you can do that classifies as cheap and doesn't affect functionality.

Then you start moving to things like Wilwood calipers and 2 piece discs, lighter forged wheels, tubular front end, stainless exhaust, front seats (heavy mofos) etc, things that replace OEM parts 1:1 for weight savings without removing any functionality. Aluminum block for another 70 lbs if you aren't exceeding 600 some HP and going crazy.

Keeping the IRS though, your biggest weight savings is going to start from a tubular front end with coil overs, I don't really see any way around that. It's one of the biggest weight savers for the cost and as a bonus it takes weight off at the correct end of the car and makes a bunch of other mods and maintenance 100 times easier.

Then you start deleting functionality: AC, power brakes and steering, stereo system, etc.

Last edited:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
anti-roll bars.... air bag delete kits. remover just rear seat. lighter wheels... the ones you have are probably heavy as all hell. There is a lot you can do and you can re-install all that stuff later!!!

Users who are viewing this thread