What Would Equal Length Headers Do?

krt22

Established Member
I will be removing the resonators ASAP, it will just add a little volume at WOT.

Just like on the coyote cars, the GTs had the resonators, the Boss and GT500s did not. I run the GT500 axle backs with cutout resonators and it sounds great. The resonators on the GT definitely necked down, true straight through resonators do very little to reduce sound

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
Those are some pretty well made manifolds, they ain't logs, they probably flow a lot better than people think. I bet long tubes won't pick up as much as people think.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Those are some pretty well made manifolds, they ain't logs, they probably flow a lot better than people think. I bet long tubes won't pick up as much as people think.

Unequal length headers will only do so much, the big gains will be from converting to equal length designs.

Ferrari 458's pick up 40-60whp from equal length header/exhaust and tune.

The firing order of an fpc loves equal length designs.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member

I think you are correct, and I make custom exhaust for aircraft, both piston and turbine. That said, they can be improved. We are in an era of incremental gains again, as 8 200 rpm has to be close to max airflow for that volume. Still, can't wait to find out for sure...at least that mod won't kill me financially. I fear others much more.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
Here is a pic of the Ferrari manifolds so we can see the starting point of both engines to get an idea of potential, I personally don't like the way they have combined the cylinders on the stock 350 mani's. I think compromise when I see them. Even a shorty header looks better collector wise than the layout of the factory parts. ferrari458Italia_27_1.jpg

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I've seen some interesting headers for the GT350. It will be very interesting once these cars get in the hands of the aftermarket.
I know this is an old thread. But do you know of any true equal length header options for the GT350?

HiTechRedneck

Established Member
When we bought ours with 4,000 miles it already had American Racing long tubes which appear to be pretty much equal length and a Corsa X pipe with high flow cats installed by Dallas Mustang before they went out of business. I saw the dyno slip showing 503 at the wheels when they did the tune. That said I can't tell you how it was stock but it is definitely a beast pulling very strong from 2,500 to 8,000 and with the baffles flipped it is LOUD!!! It does crackle and pop and the PO's custom Texas plate read LOUD350.

Users who are viewing this thread