What wax for alloy?

SVTcobra2

Established Member
I have a 2007 Alloy Metallic GT...i like to keep the car looking clean, but it is my daily driver. I have already waxed it a couple times, but i just use the Meguiar's stuff from auto zone. It looks good, but i was wondering if there is anything better? I dont want to spend any crazy amounts, but what would be good for this color? Also, what would be good for quick details(other than meguiars) for car shows and stuff?
Here is an example of the paint:
l_4577503eef93e93aea2d6b04cecd07ef.jpg

zeus201

Established Member
I love Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enchancer (http://www.specialtymotoring.com/op-1021.html). Great QD.

Any sealant would look good with any paint that has any sort of metallic flake. Look at Poorboys EX-P (http://www.specialtymotoring.com/pb-1020.html). Also look at Meguiar Synthetic Sealant #21. You can find that at most auto parts store.

Optimum No Rinse can be also a great tool for QD! All depends on little you want to spend but that is a good start.

Scott P

Established Member
I would go with Optimum Poli-Seal or Polish with Sealant as your first step. Either one will clean the paint, lightly polish it and leave behind a nice sealant coat for protection. Far additional protection, you could layer on an additional sealant like Poorboy's EX-P. If you want to make things quicker and easier, you could use Opti-Seal as your topper. You simply wipe it on and walk away. There is no buffing required. You also get great shine and protection.

As far as quick detail spray go, my top three are Clearkote Quik Shine, Optimum Instant Detailer and Poorboy's QD+.

STG

Banned
Here's my car. Meguiar's clay, #80 and Nxt Tech Wax applied with a Porter Cable (Meguiar's G100) using 8006 and 9006 Meguiar's pads. Meguiar's products are very good across the board.

Buy the "How to Use the PC for Show car Results" DVD from AutoDetailingSolutions.com. It is a comprehensive step-by-step lesson on how to correctly use an orbital buffer.

I've only been using one non-Meguiar's product - Aqua Wax by Dura Gloss. It's a booster wax that is sprayed on wet car following a wash rinse. Hold the bottle in one hand and lightly spray on your wet car as you dry it with a micro fiber towel. It is very easy to use not leave any residue on any part of your car, including rubber, plastic, decal edges and glass. It adds about a minute to the time required to dry your car

Using Aqua Wax on properly maintained and waxed paint can really extend the time between major details.

Head-on-71K.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread