what was the stupidest car coment you ever heard?

98cobra snake

NA
Established Member
Mine was...
Me: Where do you drive?
Guy: I can't drive my 97' Accord because I need new rims and I need to work on the carburetor.:kaboom:
Here's another one:
Me: Does your car have a bigblock or a smallblock?
Guy: What the hell is that?:rollseyes :smmon:

epracmetcon

Established Member
Was hanging out at a lot one night. These 2 guys were looking at my car(94 cobra), one of them being a 98 cobra owner. Cobra owner points to my wing and says to the other guy, look its a wing off a grand am, other guy goes good eye.

I just walked away shaking my head.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
A kid was looking at my engine bay one night several months ago and pointed to my strut tower brace and said to me, "I should get one of those too to keep my pushrods in."

:p

98cobra snake

NA
Established Member
Originally posted by Tabres
A kid was looking at my engine bay one night several months ago and pointed to my strut tower brace and said to me, "I should get one of those too to keep my pushrods in."

:p
:eek:

Hepcat007

Established Member
Whenever people who don't know about mustangs talk to me about my car, the first thing they ask is what is inside it. I tell them its a 4.6 4-valve. They always seem to say "you oughta rip that out and put in a 5.0. No disrespect to the 5.0, but i think the 4.6 4-valve is a good engine too, but the hilljacks around here seem to think that the 4.6 is about like a v6 and the 5.0 is the only good v8 ford ever built.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Well I had two idiots swear to me "thier boys N/A Subaru Impreza ran a 6 second 1/4 mile".

Needless to say they were demeaned belittled and silenced within about 4 minutes. :D:D:D

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Any kid when I was in the service who gave me the "Oh yea, my brother has a 76' big block 956 cubic inch 21 cfm carb 27 speed blah-blah." It just got old. I'm talking about the kid who looked at a Hot Rod cover once and now he's the expert on everything.

(I, on the other hand, read the table of contents too so I am an expert, everyone else's opinion is just an insult to my intelligence).

svtmustang04

Established Member
I was at a show one night when i first got my cobra and a women came up to me and asked if it was a ferrari. I sarcasticly replied back, YUP.

ModsAway

Established Member
Just a few weeks ago when I was getting my new tires I had a kid ask me what I have run in the 1/4 mile. After I told him my best was 12.7 but recently couldn't run better than a 13.1 for some reason (see: i suck) he proceeded to promptly tell me about "his friends" Honda civic running 7's.

:bash:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Best one ever I heard today. I didn't hear it personally but my friend works at USAmotorsports. A customer and his friend came in and said his cobra had a knock and he thought it was a pushrod. While checking the items out, my friend just happened to ask what year the kids car was out of curiosity. "It's a 97'." My friend just said, "Dude, 4.6's don't have pushrods." The guy looked back at his friend and said "4.6'S DON'T HAVE PUSHRODS DUMBASS!"

Some people.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i had recently put my '76 f-150 with a 460 and c-6 up for sale and three or four people that called on it asked what kind of gas mileage it got...

ILLNINO5.O

Established Member
"Oh yea, my brother has a 76' big block 956 cubic inch 21 cfm carb 27 speed blah-blah." It just got old. I'm talking about the kid who looked at a Hot Rod cover once and now he's the expert on everything

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
A great friend of mine(who I also worked with, and was my best man)
Owned, showed, and raced a 1965 289 Shelby Cobra.... not a GT 350..... A COBRA!!!

Anyway we were at a car show(Syracuse Shelby Club car show and picnic...late 70s)
and a couple guys come up and look over Dick's Cobra.....
One of them says to Dick.....( "knowingly" )......... " Yea I know a guy who put a V8 in one of these once"
:bash: :bash: :bash: :kaboom:

We both just looked at each other..... then at our girls.... then at the MORON.... and Dick just said ....."really?"
brother
65cobra289.jpg

Last edited:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I had a guy ask what kind of motor was in my car. I told him a 4.6 liter dual overhead cam V8. He asked "In real terms, what's that?"

Users who are viewing this thread