What was the "final thought" on the 03's stall fix?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
If the roads are clogged, yes. Maybe I need to explain. I live about 5 miles from the "parkway". I head out 2 miles north and it looks like this:

longrd.jpg

:thumbsup:

:eek: I'd be tearing it up too!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
:eek: I'd be tearing it up too!

Yup. See my theory is that Cobras don't stall on long straightaways in the middle of nowhere. Call me crazy, but it's true. :D

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21
:cryying: Im so jealous...

Well, it has its drawbacks too. I've got a lot of bunny fur to pick out of the radiator fins this weekend. :nonono:

Go get the flash done. If you don't like it, get a custom tune. That's my recommendation. :beer:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Well, it has its drawbacks too. I've got a lot of bunny fur to pick out of the radiator fins this weekend. :nonono:

Go get the flash done. If you don't like it, get a custom tune. That's my recommendation. :beer:

yeah, what he said! :lol:

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Wish I could test that theory out here...

Any dirt bikers alowed over there? I bet they know not to cross the road around 10am...
And yeah, ill get the flash done for sure! Thanks for the help man.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Wish I could test that theory out here...

Any dirt bikers alowed over there? I bet they know not to cross the road around 10am...

This is dirt bike central. All my neighbors have bikes. Hell, all my neighbors have boats, ORV's, jetskis, etc. It's one giant playground out here. 10 minutes north and you're at the lake. 10 minutes west and you're in coyoteland. :beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
O/T-Either of you guys know anything about clogged cats? I couldnt get any bites on this thread...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129749

Yes. Run the car at night. If your cats glow reddish-blue, you've got a problem. Clogged cats are pretty serious. Unless you're getting a real loss in performance I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The other tell tale sign is blue discoloration on the cats themselves. Orangish brown is OK.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Thank you!
By "run the car" do you mean run it hard, or let it sit?

Run it normally. It's not "common" on the '03's but early first run versions of the ECU program had some blowouts because they were running too rich up top. Oh, and your cats may be mega stinky driving normally.

Jpjr

Established Member
for the record.. i just got the stall fix last week. my car hasn't stalled since, albeit i haven't run it that much.

one thing i've noticed is on start-up i'm getting more smoke. seems like my cars even richer now...

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Ok, Im getting the stall flash done tomorrow...
Is there any reason to take my mods off? Would my mods have any effect on the flash at all? (my dealer is pretty mod-friendly).

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Ok, Im getting the stall flash done tomorrow...
Is there any reason to take my mods off? Would my mods have any effect on the flash at all? (my dealer is pretty mod-friendly).

Depends on your mods. If you just did a CB and CAI/intake, you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread