What was the "final thought" on the 03's stall fix?

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
I havent been on the boards that much until recently, and wanted to know what was learned about the stall fix that ford came out with. How did it affect hp, and the a/f ratios, if at all? My car has been stalling more often recently, which i believe is due to the colder weather and the FIPK. Is it worth getting?

Thanks for the help....:beer:

-MotoX

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Yes. No troubles. I'm noticing better drivability with the newest flash, too.

Better mileage under WOT. Although a tad bit of lost power up top (the tune makes up for it down low, however):thumbsup:

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
So more low end power, less top end power? Sounds good to me! I only do 160mph blasts on tuesdays and thursdays, so i guess I can live..:lol1:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21
So more low end power, less top end power? Sounds good to me! I only do 160mph blasts on tuesdays and thursdays, so i guess I can live..:lol1:

Yeah for me it's Monday's mainly. :lol1: Gotta stretch her legs once in a while. :-D

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
well thats all that matters then! :) What does the digital readout mod say? Is it accurate?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
well thats all that matters then! :) What does the digital readout mod say? Is it accurate?

Mine reads 155.something. It fluctuates. Now, if you haven't gone all out, it's a MUST.

Mine pulls so mean up top that when I hit the fuel cutoff, it's violent. I've found that the more you run her up in the range, the better it runs in that range. :thumbsup:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Mine reads 155.something. It fluctuates. Now, if you haven't gone all out, it's a MUST.

Mine pulls so mean up top that when I hit the fuel cutoff, it's violent. I've found that the more you run her up in the range, the better it runs in that range. :thumbsup:

:dw: lol

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
I wish I could find a place here in NORcal with enough room and space to get it up that high! Besides the freeway, littered with highway patrol...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21
I wish I could find a place here in NORcal with enough room and space to get it up that high! Besides the freeway, littered with highway patrol...

same here man! :bored:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Welcome to the American Autobahn:

sunvalleyparkway.gif

At 10AM, you'll be the only bad boy on this road for 20 miles. No turns, straight in most places, and best of all, it's 4 lanes. :rockon:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Welcome to the American Autobahn:

sunvalleyparkway.gif

At 10AM, you'll be the only bad boy on this road for 20 miles. No turns, straight in most places, and best of all, it's 4 lanes. :rockon:

:nonono: no words!

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Back on track. It's hard to get the stall when you're going 135. :-D

Well I would sure as hell hope so! No power steering, brakes, etc.....at 135mph...Good times!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
do you ever do less than 100 out there?

If the roads are clogged, yes. Maybe I need to explain. I live about 5 miles from the "parkway". I head out 2 miles north and it looks like this:

longrd.jpg

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread