What tune for my 2012 A6 GT

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
I have a few questions about tuning. I already have an SCT SF3/X3 tuner and I was curious who everyone would suggest for a tune for my Automatic 2012 GT. I had Bama on my 2005 V6 and didn't have a problem but am willing to look into others. I can get the Bama tunes for life for $150, John Lund tunes for $200, AED tunes for $250 or finally VMP tunes for $120. I don't really mind the pricing at all but figured it would help you decide which to suggest. Is AED worth the $250 that it costs and so on. Also if there is another tuner that you would like to suggest, please feel free to help me decide.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
We know a little something about tuning Coyotes. :)

And you're 15 miles from us.

Check out our FB page for results with our VMP TVS equipped 5.0L over the weekend and www.vmptuning.com for more.

:beer:

bj

Last edited:

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
I think I have talked to you on the phone about your VMP supercharger before BJ. I don't plan on going with a supercharger for a year or so. How well are your N/A stock tunes? What kind of HP difference should I expect and how much would a tune cut off of my 1/4 time on average? Also is it just one tune for $120 (because it's an automatic 6 speed) or is that multiple like Bama does and I can have a tune for 87, 89 and 93 octane?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I think I have talked to you on the phone about your VMP supercharger before BJ. I don't plan on going with a supercharger for a year or so. How well are your N/A stock tunes? What kind of HP difference should I expect and how much would a tune cut off of my 1/4 time on average? Also is it just one tune for $120 (because it's an automatic 6 speed) or is that multiple like Bama does and I can have a tune for 87, 89 and 93 octane?

VMP Custom E-Mail Tune (New or Update for Existing File) (all Ford Vehicles): VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

That's where you start. Now, to your questions:

How good are our NA tunes? Outstanding. (Did you expect a different answer?) Remember, our business is built on a foundation of great calibrations, first and foremost.

What kind of HP difference? Anyone that tells you that you'll get more than 20-30 rwhp from a NA tune is BS'ing you.

Will it cut time off your 1/4 mile. ANY increase in HP will cut time off if the driver mod is installed. Weight reduction will do the same thing and it's free.

Yes, it's one tune at that price. Second tune and third tunes go down in price. Take a look at the form.

I can't respond to questions about other companies that offer tuning.

bj

BV600

Established Member
I think BBR Tunes are $50 without datalogging, its what I have. ORX Tune and Tire I went 12.3@116 2.0 60'

Users who are viewing this thread