What to shine trim parts

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Damn I just bought some back to black to do the bottom part of my bumper with. Should have read this first

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Black Wow gets my vote for long lasting results and great looks and smell.

this.

ive used Back2Black, way too messy and attracts too much dust. not to mention its an OTC product so it only lasts about a week or so before the moisturizers in it wear off.

aside from this, you can start off by really treating your trims to Forever Black, which is a trim dye/restorer, and doing upkeep with lite amounts of Black WOW or any other product.

How do you guys use the black wow? i followed instructions and I was really disappointed, mine streaked and lasted like 1 week.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
How do you guys use the black wow? i followed instructions and I was really disappointed, mine streaked and lasted like 1 week.

Did you use too much?

when they say a "pea sized amount goes a long way" they arent kidding. You gotta work it into the trim part. I have a little yellow foam applicator pad i use that has a pea-sized chunk taken out, so i just fill it with Black WoW, squeeze the pad to let it soak in, and then rub thoroughly into the trim pieces. The best way to do it is to "push" the product across the trim shape you are working on, using a very tiny circular motion (like applying wax).

also, you may have to re-apply depending on how dry/old the trim piece in question is. Ive done the cowl on my GST twice now and it stays a nice dark black color and hasnt changed or dried out for a few months now.

Last edited:

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
meguirers hot shot tire shine....works awsome on plastic trim....spray it, let it sit then wipe it away so its not greasy.

(detailer secret lol)

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
meguirers hot shot tire shine....works awsome on plastic trim....spray it, let it sit then wipe it away so its not greasy.

(detailer secret lol)

worked great on my honeycomb black grill on my silverado, just dont use it on the side step bar pads like i did. they looked great, but i almost fell out of the truck.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
worked great on my honeycomb black grill on my silverado, just dont use it on the side step bar pads like i did. they looked great, but i almost fell out of the truck.

hahaha sorry but thats pretty funny, i could imagine a short unexpecting passenger going "wow this truck looks great!" *slip!* :D

I've used tire shine or quick interior detailer just to clean them w/o that glossy look...

Users who are viewing this thread