What to shine trim parts

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Im looking for something to shine the bottom of the back bumper and windshield cowl with. What are you guys & gals using?:shrug:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Poorboy's Trim Restorer.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Mother's Protectant as well, never tried it though.

For a real OE look, Optimum Protectant works well too.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Mother's back to black is available in most stores; I personally hate the stuff.

The stuff sucks honestly....and I know someone said above that it last a while? maybe if you dont drive the car or if it doesn't see any rain.

I have a full bottle just sitting in my garage because I've found (along with a LOT of others), the stuff gets wet, and its running off the car....literally.

Some people have had luck with it....but over all, I've not had good luck with it and just about everyone else 've talked to about it...is not impressed.

I would personally look at another product for this one.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Black Wow gets my vote for long lasting results and great looks and smell.

this.

ive used Back2Black, way too messy and attracts too much dust. not to mention its an OTC product so it only lasts about a week or so before the moisturizers in it wear off.

aside from this, you can start off by really treating your trims to Forever Black, which is a trim dye/restorer, and doing upkeep with lite amounts of Black WOW or any other product.

Presteige

Established Member
lots of this trim stuff causes it to turn grey with white in it over a period of time... is there anything out there that wont do this?

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Creamy Peanut Butter or Mothers Back to Black. Both work GREAT.

This is going to sound like I'm being a complete dick....
Buuuuuuut....with as many quality products out there, why would you use freaken peanut butter (or back to black for that matter).

I know people have used PB, but seriously....there is a BUTTLOAD of good products out there....why? :dw:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Buuuuuuut....with as many quality products out there, why would you use freaken peanut butter (or back to black for that matter).

+1

plus the PB only looks good as a trim dressing for a few hours before they dry out again.

Back2Black is a low end dressing as well. Seems good, if you havent used a better product the results would probably blow your mind, but having used better products that last longer and arent dust magnets, i threw my bottle of B2B away.

oldmodman

Established Member
Peanut butter actually does work, for a while.

Put it on nice and thick. The next morning it will be shiny and glossy from the heavy layer of ants. Over time it will be less glossy as the ants go home.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

I know people have used PB, but seriously....there is a BUTTLOAD of good products out there....why? :dw:

I haven't had any problems with either......I've had both last nicely for 3 weeks or so. I also like the Turtle Wax F21........

I'm just going off of what works for me. I've had pretty good results so far.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Peanut butter actually does work, for a while.

Put it on nice and thick. The next morning it will be shiny and glossy from the heavy layer of ants. Over time it will be less glossy as the ants go home.

Thank you....now my sinus's are burning from the Coke that just shot out of my nose....Again, thank you :eek:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I've tried several different thing but STP Son of a Gun has worked best for me as an OTC product. One thing is my car rarely sees rain but is washed. With SOG I have not had it run when I hit it with water from the water hose. I just wipe it on a little thick and then go back and wipe off the excess and buff it out a few minutes later. I know its not "the" specialty product but it works.

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
I saw this and really thinking about purchasing this kit. If it's anything like my wiper cowl, which never responded to any kind of treatment, then that's one hell of a product!

faded black molding between windshield and hood- MIRACLE CURE - LS1TECH
it just looks like a dye. Nothing Miracle about it.

Poorboy's trim restorer gets my vote. I've used Mothers Back to Black and like mentioned above in the rain it washes off, and attracts a shit ton of dust. Not a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread