what to relocate doing boss intake swap now??

4VFTW

Established Member
there is a purge valve attached to the factory intake in the throttle body area...there is no mounting provision on the Boss IM so you need to run a piece of 3/8 vacuum hose from the purge valve to an open hose Port on the Boss IM. you can either just lay the purge valve under the intake in the valley on the block or you can use a bolt and some washers to bolt it to an open hole on the block above the water pump

01bluesnake

Established Member
You will be relocating torque from the low end to the top end, thats about it!

There's a little more to it than that. Here's a graph from one of the various intake dyno test i did on mine, both unported manifolds. This was a stock intake compared to a Boss and AirRaid CAI

stockvsboss_zpsc338f543.png

Last edited:

Zevox

Established Member
There's a little more to it than that. Here's a graph from one of the various intake dyno test i did on mine, both unported manifolds. This was a stock intake compared to a Boss and AirRaid CAI

stockvsboss_zpsc338f543.png

That dyno kind of depresses me... So a boss manifold is worse than a stock one except after ~5500rpm where it is a little better on horsepower and then much better after ~6500rpm since the power curve doesn't fall off. Which intake do you recommend using out of the stock and boss?

01bluesnake

Established Member
That's just how the Boss and CJ manifolds are due to runner length. I've ran very well stock manifold, 11.62's back to back in 2000ft DA, and that was stock headers and CAI as well. The Boss manifold hasn't really shown to make that big of an improvement to me in the 1/4 and any results i've seen from people's testing hasn't proved so either when untouched. I think the best way to get results from a Boss setup would be to port the manifold and dial in the VCT, which in return would show better results. Driving around city you will notice some slight power loss if you have low gears like 3.31's, otherwise not as noticeable with 3.73's. I decided to go past the max Boss setup and do the CJ which definitely proved to be worthy for me at least.

4VFTW

Established Member
the car goes faster with the Boss period , been proven time and time again. If it doesn't go faster it isn't the manifolds fault.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
the car goes faster with the Boss period , been proven time and time again. If it doesn't go faster it isn't the manifolds fault.

It may go faster hence top end hp, but it wont go quicker, just ask the boys at jpc what they use on their 7 second street legal mustang!

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks again 01bluesnake the port work looks great, and im very happy with my choice on the set up for me..
Bill

Your very welcome Bill. Once the tune gets adjusted for the ported Boss, and other add on's, you will notice a considerable change in the way it pulls in the mid RPM range and up. Your setup is a lot more optimized and should see very good gains from it.

Users who are viewing this thread