what to do with the ol' mystichrome

what one would you put in a mystichrome vert?

• 6 point roll cage w swing out doors

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • styling bar

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • none/ who cares0

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

87poopstang

Established Member
Ok guys I'm stuck with a the dilemma. I'm Torn between putting a styling bar in the convertible or putting a 6 point roll cage in w swing out doors from maximum motorsports.

I like the way both of them look but each one has its up n downs. Just wondering what you guys think would look better in a mystichrome vert?
BTW both are black in color

gabe1530

Banned
i like the looks of the styling bar but the mm bar provides so much more. if your going to race it go with the mm if not go with the styling.

mrose75

Established Member
I'm of the thought that unless it's a racecar, it doesn't need a roll cage, meaning if that's what you use it for is track duty then put a cage in it. If not, styling bars look bad ass on Terminator Verts.

Tractionless1

Established Member
They both have a downside extra unneeded weight, unless it's required for drag racing. I'd never do a traditional cage in a 'vert for looks if not functional for safety, they look hideous. So if for looks only styling bar with speedster rear cover.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I'm of the thought that unless it's a racecar, it doesn't need a roll cage, meaning if that's what you use it for is track duty then put a cage in it. If not, styling bars look bad ass on Terminator Verts.

I'm HURTNEM and I support this message!:burnout:

wudy

Established Member
They both have a downside extra unneeded weight, unless it's required for drag racing. I'd never do a traditional cage in a 'vert for looks if not functional for safety, they look hideous. So if for looks only styling bar with speedster rear cover.

Agreed. I could never put a roll cage in mine. I would sell the vert and buy a hardtop then put a cage in that. Its too bad someone hasnt made a roll bar that has the strength to stiffen up the car, but has the looks of a styling bar. I know I would of bought one..

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
A full cage in a street vert wouldn't be cool in my opinion. Here is my car:

IMG_2896_zpsf894f552.jpg

dce7c967bc5ad2af172db6402e59249e_zpsab3c32e5.jpg

Terminatordetailed3_zps2d8b5e36.jpg

The only head-bangin' comes from the stereo.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
I think a caged convertible looks nice as ****
Have them paint the cage as well
Mystic cage :0
But I am outvoted here
I will be caging my 04 coupe
I do plan on having 750-800 hp and for a "street car" shit can get ugly pretty quick especially racing and fooling around on the street
So having one is more of a safety thing
I drive my car spirited but I know the risks and the reality that these cars don't do well in crashes
Along with that 800 hp certainly puts a twist on things (figuratively and literally)

mrose75

Established Member
I think a caged convertible looks nice as ****
Have them paint the cage as well
Mystic cage :0
But I am outvoted here
I will be caging my 04 coupe
I do plan on having 750-800 hp and for a "street car" shit can get ugly pretty quick especially racing and fooling around on the street
So having one is more of a safety thing
I drive my car spirited but I know the risks and the reality that these cars don't do well in crashes
Along with that 800 hp certainly puts a twist on things (figuratively and literally)

:dw:You're putting in a roll cage because you fool around in the street? These cars don't do well in crashes? Doesn't sound like you need a roll cage...

Anywho, OP... What's it gonna be? Roll cage or Styling Bar?

Last edited by a moderator:

94slowbra1

Established Member
I vote styling bar. All depends in the use of the car. For me it was a no brainer, I put my kids in the back of my car. No way that's happening with a roll bar.
If it were a racecar I'd put the cage in, street car= roll bar.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I vote 4pt Chrome roll bar - but I'm obviously bias. No door bars to mess with and still most of the benefit. I think it looks great in my car with my chrome wheels, provides additional chassis stiffness, would likely save my life if I were to get in a serious accident and flip, and it allows my car to be used for track days - win, win, win, & win.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I vote styling bar. All depends in the use of the car. For me it was a no brainer, I put my kids in the back of my car. No way that's happening with a roll bar.
If it were a racecar I'd put the cage in, street car= roll bar.

I don't understand? Putting my daughter in the back of my car is one of the reasons I'm glad I have a rollbar. It could be a life saver in a rollover. I have the lower bar that does behind the seats removed and the bar that goes in behind the rear seat goes right along her side and she said she doesn't even notice it. I will acknowledge that I should probably pad that part of bar though as she could hit her head on it if thrown forward and to the right, maybe I'll make her start wearing her bike helmet lol.

Last edited:

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
:dw:You're putting in a roll cage because you fool around in the street? These cars don't do well in crashes? Doesn't sound like you need a roll cage...

Anywho, OP... What's it gonna be? Roll cage or Styling Bar?

Because for a few reasons
And one of them being so that I do mess around sometimes but it makes the car a whole of a lot safer in general if its caged

Users who are viewing this thread