What to Do With Old Tires?

Snoopy49

Established Member
To bad I don't live near a track, I use to live close to Willow Spring in Ca. but I am no longer near there. I can't throw them away because they only have about 3000 miles on them. I guess I could try Craigs List, but that usually brings out the scammers.

Devcon 7

Established Member
If someone is going to toss their tires and happen to have 2 rears in good shape I'd take them. Just picked up a set of 13/14 wheels and rears are gone. I'll pay for shipping to ks.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
To bad I don't live near a track, I use to live close to Willow Spring in Ca. but I am no longer near there. I can't throw them away because they only have about 3000 miles on them. I guess I could try Craigs List, but that usually brings out the scammers.

CL.....ugh!

Tom

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
On the topic of the tire "six year rule", I remember watching a news story on TV about that and they had an industry representative who said they disagreed with the idea tires had such a short shelf life and that they should last longer than the people who are saying six years only. I found it interesting the tire industry would say that, considering it would pay off to shill that idea as that would mean more people would buy tires.

On the OT, almost every place that changes tires will have a recycling bin or cage they keep old tires in that will get shipped off every now and then to get processed - you can probably take your tires there.

railroad

Established Member
I think a lot of you, are missing the point. Who wants to throw away a set of F1 Goodyears with 3k miles on them?
I am not going to give them to a tire shop to re sell or pay someone to re cycle them. I might give them to another hot rodder, but would like to get a little more than a thank you. With the time factor, a decision needs to be made and they are taking up room.

Users who are viewing this thread