What to do with my budget.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Bob has done all my work since 2011.
I PROMISE you, if he is doing all the work, the only thing you can budget is the parts.
Labor and incidentals are gonna rape your budget.

I didn't see you mention having a clutch? Gonna need it

Save the money, go 2.3 VMP vs 2.9.
TQ > HP on the street
Leave the cams, not worth the money yet. Even headers would be subjective
VMP Gen1, CAI, GT500TB, 80# INJ, LP Budget Return Fuel, O/R X, Bassanin 3" was good for
650rwhp / 689rwtq on 93/109 mix. And that was on Bobs dyno.

FTBR kit.......did that, wouldn't do it again.

seethesvt

Established Member
I'm going to do fore return style fuel system level 1E with fic1000 injectors, found a NIB TVS 2.3 and I'll go the gt500 TB route and the FTBR kit. And with the money I'll save I'll just use it for all the unexpected shit I'll find.

GM2Ford

Established Member
Don’t forget your suspension and proper tire. Having all that power is worthless if you can’t put it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This! I went Viking Crusaders Rear 8-5, Warriors in the front 5-5, SRA w/ Team-Z strip/street series upper/lower arm adjustable w/ Hoosier 28 tall tire on 15” wheel...

I was surprisingly hooking very well in 2nd gear in mid 20 degree temps at night this winter.

That just goes to show what a great tire and suspension setup can do for you.

No dyno numbers but it was with a 2.9 Whipple Crusher, E85, 17-18 degree timing, 3.5” upper, stock lower, LT’s, 9.6:1 CR.

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
Nice! I’m on 91 shit gas an still need to be retuned, had a massive leak. Making 551/470 with full exhaust, 80’s, full air intak, an 2.8 with a 3.65 upper

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Nice! I’m on 91 shit gas an still need to be retuned, had a massive leak. Making 551/470 with full exhaust, 80’s, full air intak, an 2.8 with a 3.65 upper

I made 600 on pump gas with bap stock lower and the 80’s on the 3.75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
[bcolor=transparent]
Are you saying that because of the install or because you didn't like the results?
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Cost.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]For the amount of money, drive time, and being a street car (VMP@650rwhp),[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]poly would have served my needs fine at a lower cost.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Did the install myself and gave me a chance to Powdercoat and apply some attention and detail to a 70k mile stock car which was fine.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Full FTBR, end links, shocks struts, lowering springs and the car did everything as advertised. Tires play a big factor too (R888s)[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Majority of people don't need the FTBR kit. :D
But than again, majority of people (me included), don't need most of the mods we have, but it sure is fun.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Our Comp Orange had the same suspension mods that are listed in your sig. [/bcolor]

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I really noticed a difference in how my car handled with the FTBR install. Lot of that is diminished now with DR at 24psi. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread