What to do next

jmsa540

Established Member
Guys, I'd like ya'lls thoughts on what I should do next. I was thinking headers, or cams. Cant do a supercharger, too much money? What should I do next? Current mods are in signature.

jmsa540

Established Member
133K miles and still going strong; 281rwhp/279rwtq, SCT dynotuned by Kurgan Motorsports! C&L CAI, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, stage 2 transmission (street/strip, t45 source), spec stage 2+ clutch, spec aluminum flywheel, frpp clutch fork, frpp tob, goodyear gatorback belt, 255/40 tires on 17x9 cobra r wheels, frpp b springs, tokico shocks, tokico struts, rear upper/lower control arms, steeda short throw, rear seat delete, flowmaster super 44's catback, bbk off-road h-pipe, msd coil packs, msd plug wires, NGK plugs, 4.10 FRPP gears with complete rear-end rebuild and trick-flow cover, weld on flsfc's, smoked sidemarkers, foglights, headlights, and taillights with sequential turn-signals, SilverStar Ultra's headlights and foglights

Modestoe3

Established Member
1" 3/4 long tubes with 3" x pipe and after that an imrc delete with a dyno tune! If you wanna go a step further I would get some C heads and port/ polish them and you will also need to get a 99/01 cobra intake for those heads and use the stock cams. That would be a good set up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jmsa540

Established Member
Sorry about posting the signature. What type of aders do you suggest? I was looking at kooks but you able to remove the tranny with those in?

97_TXCobra

Established Member
Guys, I'd like ya'lls thoughts on what I should do next. I was thinking headers, or cams. Cant do a supercharger, too much money? What should I do next? Current mods are in signature.
After loosing my stock motor I just went all out and did a full build ( mods in siggy). About to do a tune here shortly and will know what she can do before boost. I don't expect much because of the compression set up but meh lol.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
No need to spend tons of cash with 1 3/4 headers. Get some MAC Ceramic LTs and a X or H pipe if your budget is low.

If you want more, look to a C swap. Find Continental C Heads then a Cobra or Mach C Intake and use the Cobra cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmsa540

Established Member
thanks everyone for chiming in, I thought that the mac's were bad? Wasn't a part on their headers able to break off and get sucked into the EGR tube? Can you remove the tranny with these still bolted on? That's important to me.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I've never seen complaints about MAC headers.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe, maybe not. Too many factors to be honest. Depends on how my much the stock manifolds are hurting your specific combo, how tired your engine is, the weather that day, how the dyno is loaded, etc... It will not hurt you in any way and you should see an increase in power.

What are your goals?

If you do cams then get headers at the same time. Maybe have the stock cams degree'd at the very least as many see a power increase there. Bolt on B Head engines do not see the power that Bolt on C Head setups do it seems.

Depends on budget if I wanted as much bolt on power as possible I would find the cheapest c heads I could, clean them, put in the cams from your current heads and degree them, c head intake, CAI, MAC LTs, mid pipe, tune.

fastferndog

Established Member
The first thing you need to figure out is your budget... then add 500-1000 to it. Make sure all your basic maintenance things are all done, such as coolant hoses, water pump, oil leaks... etc.

crazycarlo

Established Member
For the price of new cams,locks,retainers and then install and tune you could have a used vortech. And that's the route I would go.

jmsa540

Established Member
Guys, let's talk tires and headers real quick.

I'm going to get 275's, will I get rubbing in the back or front?

Headers: I've decided I want to get some, pacesetters, mac, or bbk's?

Users who are viewing this thread