What to do next to my NA Cobra?

XR8XTC

Established Member
I think I have done everything bolt on worth doing to my 97 Cobra including a short runner intake and IMRC delete's. Can any one name anything else that could improve or increase performance in any way posible on my N/A Cobra? Such as a aluminium fly wheel(been thinking of one of these) perhaps?
I don't want to add Nitrous,Stroker/BB,Head & Cams or a S/C yet.

mystical

Established Member
You have pretty much all the bolt-ons I can think of. Possibly address the suspension some more. For an all out na effort, some weight reduction with lightweight 15" bigs and littles and more gear ie 4.88's would help significantly.

XR8XTC

Established Member
It's my DD so those 4.88's our out. What other suspension mods are worth doing to compliment my current set up?

milktasd2

Established Member
I didn't notice a big gain with my flywheel. I only noticed that it WOULD rev faster. So while I am sure I gained 1 or 2 hp, not really worth it.

I guess cams with springs are the next step. Good numbers by the way.

89armygt

Established Member
Try a Aluminum DS and Flywheel. That should free up some. Maybe a throttle body, coilpacks, tune. Just some thoughts. A tubular front suspension set up should shed a bit of weight off the car so as to help with acceleration. Just trying to go off of whats not in your sig.

milktasd2

Established Member
I got the Ford Racing Litened flywheel and Ford Racing Driveshaft at the same time. Not really worth the money, unless you have the hook up. Only thing I can say is that it felt alittle bit peppier and would rev faster out of gear.

DTB

Established Member
^^^^^ iono i liked my alum driveshaft & flywheel a lot once i put them on. i got a discount through ford though....... but damn man 320 to wheel is it for all the bolt ons u have? my buddies mach has LT's, C&L intake, & a tune and he makes 317 to the wheel. im glad i didnt drop all the cash to do all the bolt ons. but i guess its either you buy em now or later so its all the same. Bro i would definitely say save up to do something to the bottom end and dont buy anything else. I mean a throttle body or Mass air seems like the only thing you dont have but i think the sticky in this section for 96-98 bolt ons says its not worth it.

XR8XTC

Established Member
Yes I have tried not to buy anything that does not make any extra
power. I will not be doing anything more to this car (except some new head light's) until clutch goes then I will do a Aluminium fly wheel and maybe a DS but I dont think that will be happening in 09 as my car only has 28,000 mile's on it.

Last edited:

DTB

Established Member
Yes I have tried not to buy anything that does not make any extra
power. I will not be doing anything more to this car (except some new head light's) until clutch goes then I will do a Aluminium fly wheel and maybe a DS but I dont think that will be happening in 09 as my car only has 28,000 mile's on it.

FN sweet. Yeah man u did it the right way then. No need to touch the motor with such low miles. I would just make it look as sick as possible. U got a lot of life left in that car

^^^^^ iono i liked my alum driveshaft & flywheel a lot once i put them on. i got a discount through ford though....... but damn man 320 to wheel is it for all the bolt ons u have? my buddies mach has LT's, C&L intake, & a tune and he makes 317 to the wheel. im glad i didnt drop all the cash to do all the bolt ons. but i guess its either you buy em now or later so its all the same. Bro i would definitely say save up to do something to the bottom end and dont buy anything else. I mean a throttle body or Mass air seems like the only thing you dont have but i think the sticky in this section for 96-98 bolt ons says its not worth it.

Your buddys mach has C heads, that is why he made almost as much with fewer bolt-ons. 320 is a beastly number for a stock B headed car IMO.

To the OP, if I were you my next mods would be upper and lower control arms in the back, tubular K and arms in the front. You're not going to do much else to the motor that you will benefit from in the power department (without doing the things you dont want to that is), so the next place i'd look for speed would be in the weight savings department.

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
Did you hit 320 on the 100 octane or pump gas? Either way that's pretty nice. Have made any passes at the strip with your current set up?

What about some porting an polishing for a little more power?

XR8XTC

Established Member
NA SVT,
90mm MAF/TB ..........................Why?
Tubular K Member w/coil overs.....Yes to K Member but no to coil overs for now.
Aluminum Flywheel......................Yes
Aluminum Driveshaft....................Yes

Jenilchambers,Yes to UCA's,LCA's and A Arm's with the K Member.(When I get some $$$)

Scuzzdude,I am in Japan and premium pump gas is 100-106 octane. P&P on Head's is out for now until I have the finance to do Cam's and everything that goes with that at the same time and I dont think that will be in 2009.

BTW NASVT Speak's I listen. He,his advice and part's are responsible for making this car so good. I have one of his Ported and Polished Short Runner Intake's and it's a awesome quality piece.I highly recomend his short runner intake's and they are a good price too.

Last edited:

tt54l32v

Established Member
yes thats the one in mine and i cant believe you dont have one with long tubes. the coilovers are the way to go dont worry bout it till you have enough to get them at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread