What to do around LA? Specifically, car related suggestions.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
I'm going to be in LA on vacation next week, 5/27-6/2, to visit/stay with a good friend of mine.

I already have a pretty good handle on things I want to do, both touristy crap and personal interests, and I'm sure my friend is going to show me all the stuff he has found to be interesting

I'm going to have time to kill while he's at work during the day for part of the week, though. So I'm looking for car related suggestions. Shops to see or visit, tracks to visit, museums, etc. I kind of want to stop by Nelson Racing Engines, I know RET is out there, I saw in the Torrance thread that Cosworth has a location out there. Any tracks nearby to go see some action (1/4 or road course)? You get the idea I think.

Any auto related suggestions are welcome. Thanks everyone! :beer:

T56LS102

Established Member
Irwindale speedway Thurs nights, Peterson auto museum near downtown la are two things I can think of from the top of my head... feel free to PM me with any questions :)

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Definitely the Peterson Museum. That will eat up a couple hours at least and their exhibits are always awesome. You just missed the Concorso Ferrari show in Pasadena which happened this past weekend which is one of the better shows all year.

Also, if you want to wake up early enough, it might be a good idea to head down to OC for Cars & Coffee on Saturday then head over to Laguna Beach for breakfast. Lots of cool little shops and art galleries out there, then just cruise back to LA on PCH. You can do all of that and still be back in LA by 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for guys! These are all great ideas. I just read about the Peterson Museum over lunch today. Cars and Coffee sounds like a really great idea, too.

Users who are viewing this thread