What to do, and how to do it.

damon94

Established Member
So I have some extra cash and a 2007 gt500 thats completly stock. It has 32k miles on it.

I want the car to make more hp, sound better(Louder for sure), maybe get rid of the wheel hop if possible. My budget is around 3800. Im not going to be able to get crazy obviously but I should be able to make the car more fun to drive right? Im in fort worth, Texas also if anyone knows a good show to have the work done in. I know its kinda vague, but I honestly have no idea where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

So I have some extra cash and a 2007 gt500 thats completly stock. It has 32k miles on it.

I want the car to make more hp, sound better(Louder for sure), maybe get rid of the wheel hop if possible. My budget is around 3800. Im not going to be able to get crazy obviously but I should be able to make the car more fun to drive right? Im in fort worth, Texas also if anyone knows a good show to have the work done in. I know its kinda vague, but I honestly have no idea where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looks like you enjoy taking the car out on the road course.

Message sent.

Van

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I forgot to add, get the ravan racing dual fan heat exchanger!!! That should be at the top of the list!!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
how is the car going to be used?

drag, road course, DD....etc

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Me I would get adjustable UCA and a nice set of LCA. Aluminum DS. MGW shifter. Dynatech Headers 3in off road X. Your choice of axle back exhaust. Larger TB with upper and lower pulleys with a nice tune. That way you eliminate the wheel hop, get more HP, killer sound, and you can continue to build later on and not need to get rid of parts for different upgrades. And rip through the gears with precision. Even have some money left over for fuzzy dice to hang from the mirror lol

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
upgrade H/E
Tuner and pulley swap
LCA/UCA
Springs
3.73 rear gear
+ labor - should get pretty close to your budget - and you'll have a whole new car to drive

sikryd

Established Member
Do all the work yourself, and that $3800 will go far. Its not that hard, it's just turning nuts and bolts. If I lived near you, I would help for free... I'm in Hawaii, $950 to ship the car one way! w00t!

damon94

Established Member
The problem is im a huge guy 6-4 380 (yes I did play college and pro ball)Im too damn big to get underneath the car and my knees are too bad. Because Im big do I need to do anything extra for the suspension?

Im going to order the exhaust linked above with the catless x pipe, and the lca linked above. There is a muffler shop down the street that said they would do the install for me.

The lca was linked above do I need the uca to go with it? and I've seen alot of mention of a panhard bar. Do I need it also?

Van I didnt recieve a message.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
The problem is im a huge guy 6-4 380 (yes I did play college and pro ball)Im too damn big to get underneath the car and my knees are too bad. Because Im big do I need to do anything extra for the suspension?

Im going to order the exhaust linked above with the catless x pipe, and the lca linked above. There is a muffler shop down the street that said they would do the install for me.

The lca was linked above do I need the uca to go with it? and I've seen alot of mention of a panhard bar. Do I need it also?

Van I didnt recieve a message.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Damn man you are a big guy! for the sake of speed/accleration - lose some weight off the car and yourself.

you don't "need" the UCA/panhard bar if you are not lowering the car, the UCA will help tho, if you do lower it they are highly recommended, the adj panhard will be a must.

damon94

Established Member
Im workin on the weight thing lol. Thanks for the info. im going to skip the uca and phb for now then. I went to a couple diff websites about a heat exchanger do I need a certain one? Im not going for too much power do I need the one with the 2 fans, or just the aircooled ones.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
upgrade H/E
CAI
Tuner and pulley swap {I have an extra pulley and idler and live in Southlake}
LCA/UCA
Springs {Ford racing are good}
Short throw shifter
3.73 rear gear

HPP for your work Lewisville. Don't let GrearHeads in Mansfield work on your car

http://www.hppmotorsports.com/

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Im workin on the weight thing lol. Thanks for the info. im going to skip the uca and phb for now then. I went to a couple diff websites about a heat exchanger do I need a certain one? Im not going for too much power do I need the one with the 2 fans, or just the aircooled ones.

Get the C&R version that Van designed. Heat soak is a bitch if your road racing.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you get a heat exchanger, get one with fans.

Users who are viewing this thread