What tires are best to hook 800+rwhp roll racing? Starting @ 40-70mph

GM2Ford

Established Member
I don't mind a little bit of spin at 40mph+ just as long as they grab within a second. So if any drivers here have experience with rear tire combos and what works best at this power level or close to it, please chime in.

I had a couple options...
  1. I was thinking of maybe a 15x10/11 wheel with 28" tire. Hooiser Quick Time Pros.
  2. 17x11 or 18x11 with 315 30/35. No clue what tire though.

MG0h3

Established Member
At that power level Id go with 15s. If you get a bigger rim, I would go 17 as they have the widest selection and better prices from what I can tell.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I make around 670-700, I have a set of Hoosier quick time pros I'll be trying. 28" tire on a 16" rim.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I've been thinking about trying some Hoosier slicks. I have 295/55/15 MT ETs and my car just lights them up even at a 60+ roll. I have to pedal it like crazy.

I'm thinking I need to swap in some coil overs in the rear with softer than stock springs to let the rear squat more. Perhaps softer springs up front too. I think some weight transfer is really needed as tire alone seems to struggle at these levels.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been thinking about trying some Hoosier slicks. I have 295/55/15 MT ETs and my car just lights them up even at a 60+ roll. I have to pedal it like crazy.

I'm thinking I need to swap in some coil overs in the rear with softer than stock springs to let the rear squat more. Perhaps softer springs up front too. I think some weight transfer is really needed as tire alone seems to struggle at these levels.

I think your right with the suspension components. Mine must squat a decent amount, I had to roll fenders flush on passenger side. Some of its because of the 18x11's of course. I also added bilstein b8 rear shocks.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I think your right with the suspension components. Mine must squat a decent amount, I had to roll fenders flush on passenger side. Some of its because of the 18x11's of course. I also added bilstein b8 rear shocks.

I also had to roll my fenders to get those 15s in there. I'm on the stock coils cut down and stock shocks in the rear so I'm sure that's not doing me any favors. The car does squat some as I've seen in videos and pics of my car launching and I can see some tire rub at times which confirms the squat but its very little. I think it needs some real squat like a drag car lol

mkb116

Established Member
I'm in the same boat as Malcom... 700 plus and 25" MT ETs... 60-70 and they spin. But I didn't air them down much.

mkb116

Established Member
Oh geez how do you edit your post in this new stupid format. 15" not 25" haha

Zemedici

Established Member
MT ET Streets is what we put on all the hellcats we do, and they typically make 800-850whp. Hook rather quick.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I'm at 720whp and my 315 wide Hoosier DR's dead hook a 2nd gear 40 roll. They almost hold 1st gear. I also have Viking dual adjustable shocks so the car squats a fair amount.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
MT ET Streets is what we put on all the hellcats we do, and they typically make 800-850whp. Hook rather quick.

The hellcats have totally different suspension and weight etc. Can't really compare. I was racing a hellcat recently that was on nittos on the factory 20" rims and he was dead hooking. From a light he'd scrub down some rubber for about 10 feet and then straight hooking. Highway rolls he was instantly hooking and I was peddling it and laying dual black lines down the highway at 100+ mph lol.

I'm at 720whp and my 315 wide Hoosier DR's dead hook a 2nd gear 40 roll. They almost hold 1st gear. I also have Viking dual adjustable shocks so the car squats a fair amount.

Just adjustable shocks with the stock springs? That works for you? If shocks alone make a big difference I may need to swap in stock un-cut springs in my rear to get enough clearance to squat with these big tires. I measured them around 28.5" tall. That was part of my idea of going to coil overs in the rear so I could raise it up just as much as needed but then my shock options are probably pretty limited.

Zemedici

Established Member
The hellcats have totally different suspension and weight etc. Can't really compare. I was racing a hellcat recently that was on nittos on the factory 20" rims and he was dead hooking. From a light he'd scrub down some rubber for about 10 feet and then straight hooking. Highway rolls he was instantly hooking and I was peddling it and laying dual black lines down the highway at 100+ mph lol.

idk what you guys are doing, I can make my car spin its ass off if I want to, and I can make it dead hook if I want to. Driver input has an insane effect.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
nothn will bite better then the MT Pro Bracket. Their ALL useless in the rain and aint no one lookn to corner with a DR so if u wanna bite this is the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread