What tire on 18 x 8.5 in the rear?

bubbrubb

What tire on 18 x 9.5 in the rear?

Hi guys, asking a question for a friend.. he has a mustang that hopefully around 300whp, but he has 18 x 9.5" wheels all around. What is the widest size tire he could run?

They're chrome 2000 Cobra R replicas, so I don't believe that they come in a wider version. What would you recommend?

A 305/35/18 nitto 555R is too wide for the wheel, correct?

Thanks in advance, you guys are the best!
(and I'm still waiting to order the snow tires/wheels for the jag, haven't found a set of rims I like for it yet lol)

EDIT: THE WHEEL IS 9.5" WIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If he wants to run the same tire all the way around he could run a 275.35.18 or a
If he wants to go a little wider in the rear, we recommend a 285/35R18 for his vehicle. He may be able to run a 305 in the rear but it would need to be test fitted.

bubbrubb

If he wants to run the same tire all the way around he could run a 275.35.18 or a
If he wants to go a little wider in the rear, we recommend a 285/35R18 for his vehicle. He may be able to run a 305 in the rear but it would need to be test fitted.
Thank you Travis.

so what you're saying is that the 305/35/18 will fit on the 9.5 inch wide wheel just fine? It would be the car that we need to test fit with?

Thanks again, I'll be sure to show him this thread :beer:

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Its one of those things, just because you can doesn't mean you should. There are a lot of guys doing it but Nitto recommends a 10" wide wheel at minimum for their 555R in the 305. Ideal is a 10.5". We stick with the Manufacturers recommendations. They know their product best. They set their recommendations to help keep you and your passengers safe.

Users who are viewing this thread