What the hell is this?

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
Swapping plugs before bolting the new blower on I find this in the rear passenger side plug hole...

Sparkplug001small.jpg

Sparkplug003small.jpg

Sparkplug009small.jpg

All of the other three cyl on that side are spotless...

Sparkplug011small.jpg

They all looked fine last summer when I swapped plugs, since then maybe 1000 miles on them and it sat for the last 7 months.

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
It was kind of dark in the garage so at first I thought it was sand. But after getting the light it kind of looks like a wax. I'll try to scrape some out and get a close up picture.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Relax man...it can be normal for some Terminators...
It's from water running down the cowl, into your engine bay which causes the condensation and what not. (debri, sand...whatever)
Both of my rear plug holes had this on my Terminator...no biggie, but it wasn't as bad as yours. As long as the coilpack boot is sealed well and no water is getting in the hole, you should be fine...

Can't believe Divided never knew this, you SVTperformance Veteran...
You must be losing your game since you got rid of your Terminator. I want to see you in another one, that has less Driveline issues.

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
Can't believe Divided never knew this, you SVTperformance Veteran...
You must be losing your game since you got rid of your Terminator. I want to see you in another one, that has less Driveline issues.

LOL. I've never seen this before. Only thing I ever found in mine was shavings from blowing the plug :(

I do miss the terminator for sure. Not my particular one, but them in general.

Sorry OP for the temp hijack.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
LOL. I've never seen this before. Only thing I ever found in mine was shavings from blowing the plug :(

I do miss the terminator for sure. Not my particular one, but them in general.

Sorry OP for the temp hijack.

I'll take the yella stuff over the metal shavings for sure.

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
Thanks for the help, it cleaned up well & I made sure that rubber plug on the back was seated well this time.

Users who are viewing this thread