What The Heck Is This ?

LUV2REV

Established Member
I was installing my new GT500 Cobra emblem (very nice piece) I received from car medallions tonight when I dropped one of the screws somewhere behind the bumper cap, I never did find it after searching every nook and cranny for nearly 2 hours, what a pisser !! I did however find a small rectangular piece of metal painted the same satin silver as my car hanging from a wire in front of my radiator located beneath the black plastic shroud behind the hood latch. Anyone know what this is ? I would post a photo if I knew how.

Last edited:

YoungJim

Established Member
Calgary? No shite, I grew up around there. Its just a piece of metal? I'm thinking it might be an airbag sensor or something.

Zinc_Venom

Established Member
PM me and i'll give you my email address send me the pohto and i'll post it for you:thumbsup:

Juruense

Banned
OMFG I found one of those also and I thought the body shop left it in there because I had the front bumper cover re-sprayed!!!! WTF, that came from the factory?????

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can someone post a picture of it? There's nothing stamped on tag? It's just a blank piece of metal?

Juruense

Banned
Its a 12" wire with a flat piece of blank metal about 1" wide and 2.5" long on the end hanging down in front of the radiator behind the front bumper cover that is sprayed the same color as the car. I figured the body shop did a test spray on it for color matching purposes and accidently left it in there. Sadly I did not take a picture of it. The edges of it were quite abraded and the corners were rounded off from wear.

mystic04

Established Member
I had one too only it had some paint on it. wonder if it was something to do with what color the car got painted cause mine had some mystic paint on it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
its a body buck tag. its put on there when the car is mostly just floorpans (and upside-down)

save it. some restoration queer is going to jizz his pants that its there in 20 years.

Damn Shelb your knowledge overwhelms me sometimes :rockon: ... did you work for SVT or something? :shrug:

snakebite2

"o snap"
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
its a body buck tag. its put on there when the car is mostly just floorpans (and upside-down)

+1 thats how the painters at ford no what color they want it we do the same thing at my job

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
if you search titles for 'tag', you'll find a number of threads about this...

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Found mine about 2 months ago. Took it out and put it up.

Charles236

Established Member
I love the way ShelbyGuy put it about a restorer finding that tag 20 years from now. I bought a new Mach1 in May of '04, and knowing that I would never leave it stock, I bought a disposable camera and took pictures of the engine, suspension, exhaust and so on. Within two weeks, the Mach was being modded (I would have started sooner, but one of the vendors got my parts order mixed up). Now, when I see friends from the old days, they ask what the mod of the week is. I tell them that it is this or that, whatever I just changed. They tell me that someone restoring my Mach will be cursing me 30 years from now because I modded it with no thought of saving original parts for a future owner. I have to laugh at the idea of someone restoring it, since I believe in fixing and improving whatever I can on it.

Mikw4

Established Member
is this what you guys are talking about?

DSC01623.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think the tag they're talking about is blank. How many danged tags do these cars have? LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread