What Supercharger shall I get

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That removeble inlet on the tvs is worth it. I do like the looks of a whipple though.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Whipple 2.3! Some great deals out there on them now. Picked up mine with the 3.25" pulley brand new for $3,000. Make it even cooler by swapping out the badges with those that were used by Ford Racing back in the day...

sticker7.jpg

blownfox

Established Member
That removeble inlet on the tvs is worth it. I do like the looks of a whipple though.

Changing injectors and spark plugs is very easy because of the removable inlet. With the VMP you have more options for the SC pulley and they are cheap ($90 if i remember right).

SlowSVT

Established Member

+77 RWHP Gen 3 Whipple vs Gen 2 on a Boss 302! They did swap in a different TB and CAI so that may have had a small effect. They will have a couple direct comparisons in the following weeks.

I'm currently in talks with my local distributor here in Canada for a Gen 3 Whipple to replace my Gen 1. Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger so I can get it before spring.

I can't count the number of times someone made claims of increased hp just by swapping out an item yet when pressed on providing more details only to find out other changes were made which brings their whole story crashing to the ground. Just an ignition advance can have a huge effect on power output. Vendors have a huge incentive to get you to buy more stuff. If Whipple or anyone else making claims of huge hp increases the only way to confirm that is to conduct back-to-back comparisons done by a 3rd party under very controlled conditions with absolutely no changes which is pretty much non-existent. If you see a +77 hp increase with no other changes means they screwed-up real bad on the previous generation. My understanding is there is a slight increase in efficiency with the gen 3 blowers but not enough to account for a ~10% increase in engine output. 15 lbs of boost is 15 lbs of boost is what the manifold sees. I would imagine there is improvement with the new blower but not enough to spend the coin replacing a gen 2 with a gen 3.

Getting back to the OP question. For a street car where the owner wants improved throttle response where the blower is spinning at a higher efficiency level most of the time and has less stress on the crank snout a 2.3 TVS or Whipple with a black finish is a good call. If your engine is corn or race fuel fed a 2.9 is a better choice. Things start getting risky going to a larger blower then that.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
OP if you're price shopping blowers hit up @MalcolmV8 or one of the other vendors on here. I PMed him and saved a fair amount of coin vs the advertised price on a VMP, ID Injectors, etc.

blownfox

Established Member
OP if you're price shopping blowers hit up @MalcolmV8 or one of the other vendors on here. I PMed him and saved a fair amount of coin vs the advertised price on a VMP, ID Injectors, etc.
+1

I ordered my VMP blower through Malcolm and now my fore fuel system. I have nothing but great things to say about working with Malcolm. I will be ordering ID injectors from him when I have the money.

The VMP gets expensive when you upgrade to the GT500 TB.

He is also a tuner and knows what works well for our cars.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SlowSVT

Established Member
Whipple 2.3! Some great deals out there on them now. Picked up mine with the 3.25" pulley brand new for $3,000. Make it even cooler by swapping out the badges with those that were used by Ford Racing back in the day...

View attachment 1450756

Are you referring to the thick plastic FRPP label that adorned booth sides of the blower? I noted that when I received my 2.3 and quickly peeled it off which exposed about 20 sq. in. of bare aluminum which will to a small degree enhance cooling. Kinda minor but worth doing plus it looks more OEM which I prefer.

cj428mach

Established Member
+1

I ordered my VMP blower through Malcolm and now my fore fuel system. I have nothing but great things to say about working with Malcolm. I will be ordering ID injectors from him when I have the money.

The VMP gets expensive when you upgrade to the GT500 TB.

He is also a tuner and knows what works well for our cars.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Its hard to go wrong with Malcolm. He's a stand up guy, who actually uses, installs, and tunes what he sells.

I've never met someone who researches, and tests items like he does. His fuel temp thread is a great example of how thorough he is.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

View attachment 1450756

nice lol

This gen 2.3 came with those stickers...and they're still stuck on there today and look great. The build date paperwork from whipple is 2007....this blower has been spinning 22psi for 10 years still going strong.

IMG_0438.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread