what speaker?

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
Hey everyone!

Im planning on changing the head unit on the boss. I am getting a Pioneer. So I wanted to change the speakers in the car as well but i'm kind of stuck between Infinity Kappa 682.11cf and Pioneer TS-D6802R.

Can any of you with some audio knowledge provide your opinion to help me decide?

Thanks!

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I've installed Rockford Punch 1683 speakers all around. Much better than factory and cheap online. Kenwood deck. Next arriving soon is Rockford 10 inch powered box to go in the trunk. Should add the low Bass I'm looking for. Our base cheapo stereos sucked from the factory and though, light weight, they still could have given us a premium stereo and shaved weight through other means.

bpmurr

Established Member
I have the Pioneer with the stock head unit. Knowing what I know now I would have just stayed OEM until I was ready to do a full system upgrade. The speakers are ok but the power and equalization of the OEM head unit leave a lot to be desired. The Pioneer speakers sound pretty good with an aftermarket head unit and clean equalization.

Last edited:

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
Thanks guys. I am going to get a pioneer in dash with the metra center dash console. Figured I might as well change the speakers. I heard Infinity gives great highs and mids but no bass while Pioneer gives better all around sound. I already have my two 12s in the trunk, so i'll probably go for the kappas. Will see.

Users who are viewing this thread