What spark plugs are you using?

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
So I've started to notice that during boost in higher rmps like 3500-5000 in 3rd and 4th gear my car also feels like it has a misfire. I'm thinking it's time for spark plugs, I haven't changed then since I bought the car and don't know when the last time they were changed.

So im wondering what spark plugs everyone is using. I'm making just about 500hp right now and want to make sure I use a plug that can handle it. I've heard that it's better to use a "colder" plug but I'm also not 100% sure of the gap know that other stangs are a gap of .054" is the cap smaller for the cobras?

Blueline

Established Member
You'll prob be ok at the .032 gap. Give it a shot. I have run out of box gap up to my whipple 2.3 at 18 psi w no issues. Currently on my tvs I run ngk tr7ix with out of box gap at 18-19psi no issues. GL

Franco

Established Member
I had the same issue as you OP. Steggy stage 7 ported blower was experiencing a miss. As advised by members here changed to NGK tr6 gapped to .32 and fixed the issue. MAke sure you properly torque them down

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
I had the same issue as you OP. Steggy stage 7 ported blower was experiencing a miss. As advised by members here changed to NGK tr6 gapped to .32 and fixed the issue. MAke sure you properly torque them down

And just so I know what is the proper torque spec?

ZR5.0

Established Member
Stick with plain old copper TR6, cheap n reliable. I've got the gap squeezed down in the .028-.030 range to control miss on the top end. Tried the colder TR7EIX but found it loaded up just a little when I wasn't on it hard all the time. Zero issues with TR6 at 17lbs n Whipple, changing every second season just as a matter of good maint.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
TR7IX at stock gap on 93 (.038)
TR6IX at .028 on E85
Run TR6 now and then but find the idle and minimal throttle situations are smoother with Iridium. E85 was not liking the TR7IX not sure if it was the big gap but was having a hard time lighter the corn sometimes in boost.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Seriously use the search function this question gets asked twice a week!

Lol that's because SVTP is getting soft, a few years ago the flamethrowers would come out.
tumblr_m6889zvJNz1ryqf9po1_400.gif

Users who are viewing this thread