What solenoid type thing is on supercharger?

j-tan

Established Member
I just picked up a 2003 cobra(it's a fixer upper). The car is missing some parts. What is the solenoid type thing that bolts up to the driver side of the supercharger called. Part number? Name? Where I can get one.

Second thing is where can I get the vacuum harness. It's the big harness that connects all tge vacuum stuff together. It's look like I can't make it myself because from the pictures I've seen seems like it there is is alot of splits(sorry if this is confusing)

Thanks in advance

Satyr

Established Member
I just picked up a 2003 cobra(it's a fixer upper). The car is missing some parts. What is the solenoid type thing that bolts up to the driver side of the supercharger called. Part number? Name? Where I can get one.

Second thing is where can I get the vacuum harness. It's the big harness that connects all tge vacuum stuff together. It's look like I can't make it myself because from the pictures I've seen seems like it there is is alot of splits(sorry if this is confusing)

Thanks in advance

Probably a good idea to get some pictures up of what you're talking about. Search google for an engine shot, then highlight the stuff you're referring to.

For finding the parts, Tousley Ford (vendor here) is about the best you can find. They only have a 10% markup and the dealers are very knowledgeable and capable of finding what you need.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Boost by-pass, and maybe try here for the parts. Tousley Ford: Full line Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Ford Racing Distributors. - SVTPerformance
Is this what you're talking about?
017-1.jpg

Last edited:

j-tan

Established Member
I'm at work and Im on my phone and can't post up pictures.

Thanks its called the boost by-pass actuator solenoid.

j-tan

Established Member
You bought a car that's missing the boost bypass? Hmm.

Yes I did, why did you say hmm? And its missing other vacuum stuff that I'm trying to figure out. I guess the car has a kb on it before and he swapped it back and lost some of the stuff.

AaronK

Established Member
Yes I did, why did you say hmm? And its missing other vacuum stuff that I'm trying to figure out. I guess the car has a kb on it before and he swapped it back and lost some of the stuff.

Post a picture of your motor under the hood and preferrably a few shots towards the firewall and that would help US help YOU... I would be careful with that car until you find out what's missing.

j-tan

Established Member
I'll post pictures up when I get off work today. My buddy has an 03 cobra too so I'm trying to figure out the names of the parts that are missing before I call up and start buying parts. I took off the supercharger and valve covers. I want to double check to make sure there's nothing wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread