What size is our Fuel Pump?

FINICKY

Established Member
i would imagine that its a twin screw rite .....does it bolt on? as far as the fuel system doesnt kenne bell make some kind of boost a pump system that gives the pump more voltage .......if not that route you may have to sump the fuel tank and figure a way to get one hell of a screeming returnless pump lol.........or you could just go with a return style system off of like a 97 cobra with an fmu ........just thinking ,,,,,,,,FINICKY

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. it is a Twin Screw. I t will be more efficient than the Eaton.:thumbsup:

FINICKY

Established Member
man that gonna be nice....might wanna look out for the mass air peaking out also. i heard they were starting to max out at like 460 to the rear not sure though gonna have to look into that.

trmn8tr

Established Member
Terry mention to me that he would have a Whipple Charger for the 03s maybe by the end of the year. So I guess you're going to be a guinea pig. :) I look forward to hearing about the results. Good luck.

Last edited:

Lomancobra

Established Member
I heard it was "futile" to upgrade the fuel pumps because of the type of fuel system in the new mustangs. The system is returnless, so the pumps will only send as much fuel as the computer tells it to. There is an article in the october issue of MM&FF that talks about changing the system to a return type system where there can be an infinite amount of fuel pumped to the engine and the excess will flow back to the tank. The article is on page 214 of the october issue and it talks you through the install. It was done by PHP and it costs big bucks.

But i think you probably know all this already, just curious if bigger pumps would do anything and what your logic is. Let me know.

david smilovic

Established Member
Steeda was 100% correct 500 hp at the flywheel and thats it.If you would like to know the parts needed to support 750+ hp send me a pm and I will list all you need to convert to a 30 lb. ATI blower which I will be doing on my 03.Good Luck Dave S.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by david smilovic
Steeda was 100% correct 500 hp at the flywheel and thats it. <snip>

That not what a little birdie told me. ;-)

Mark Chiappetta

P.S. How did you like my Afterburner-eFPC?

Users who are viewing this thread