What size is our Fuel Pump?

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I'm asking this because I am getting ready to upgrade injectors and fuel pumps. I've got something big up my sleeve. If any one knows this answer please let me know, and what do you guys think is going to be the next big mod!:thumbsup:

Thanks in advance

cobra racing

Established Member
Great Question, with added boost you would think it would be at least a 190 liter per hour unit. How would we find out?

i8u

Established Member
Why do I get the feeling you are going to run nitrous.
Man do I hope i'm right. Good luck. Keep us posted!:beer:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Your on the right track but not quite there, Terry down at South Florida pulley HQ knows what I'm talking about and a few others, like HIGH Roller on this board, just wait and see. If this works it could be freakin scary to have this thing on the road.:thumbsup:

i8u

Established Member
methanol injection? Now i'm really dying to know. Could you PM me? If not keep me posted. And again good luck!:beer:

Black Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
Your on the right track but not quite there, Terry down at South Florida pulley HQ knows what I'm talking about and a few others, like HIGH Roller on this board, just wait and see. If this works it could be freakin scary to have this thing on the road.:thumbsup:

Let me guess, a lower pulley to go with that 2.80 pulley you have.

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Some of you are on the right track, but Noone is right yet. When this thing is done we'll just see. Jim V. do you know if the duel fuel pumps Steeda offers would work on this car. I might go that route or put a in-line pump. I will keep you all posted on my progress.:thumbsup:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
Some of you are on the right track, but Noone is right yet. When this thing is done we'll just see. Jim V. do you know if the duel fuel pumps Steeda offers would work on this car. I might go that route or put a in-line pump. I will keep you all posted on my progress.:thumbsup:

Don't know for sure..I was under that impression the Steeda setup would work on our cars..We are all leaning as we go.Having done research and developement before on my 99Gt,This time i am trying to go slow.
I can get out of control..:bash:

Jimm V.:??:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
When I was at Steeda they were saying we have some special fuel pump because it is a returnless fuel system. They said they helped Ford develop it and it will only reliably support up to 450 rwhp and there was nothing you could do about it because how the fuel pumps work on alternating current I believe there are actually 2 in the tank. I think there claims that they help Ford do everything is complete BS, but I don't know.

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
All of your guys input is much appericated. I think I am going to go with a bigger in tank Fuel pump, and a in-line fuel pump for extra safety. I am really getting excited about what I am getting ready to do, It may be done within the next month for bowling Green, KY. Who knows?:thumbsup:

Ask High Roller maybee he'll all let ya know what I'm up to?
His car is coming along great, he just put the Mangnaflow exhaust and UPR cai, and PRO 5.0 shifter he is gonna love his car.

Last edited:

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
aren't the lightning guys using the cobra R fuel pump? What is the size of that?

BTW: are you going to twincharge the car?

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
No Catch me Copper I am not going to twin charge the car but lots of boost are in the near future and I need the proper fuel system to run it, safely!

I am so temped to tell everyone, but I said I wouldn't let to many people know.:thumbsup:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I am so temped to tell everyone, but I said I wouldn't let to many people know.

Spill da beans:punch: :punch:

Jim V.:D

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
We'll some one guessed it a M140 but not an eaton a Whipple charger M140!!!

I'll keep ya all posted.:thumbsup:

I have found all of the nessicary information. I need a 317 lph fuel pump and 50 lb. injectors.

Any questions guys.:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread