What size belt do I need?

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Alright here's my set-up I hope I can get some good advice.

2.93 supercharger pulley
Billetflow 4 piece idler set
6lb lower with 3.5 alt pulley and the idler for the lower is mounted in the top hole.
Also plan on notching my tensioner.

I would like to run either a gatorback belt or a gates greenback. Any suggestions would be much appreicated.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Thanks, at least thats a starting point. How do you like that set-up?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know if you checked my Belt Selection Guide, but although it doesn't have your exact configuration, it does have a couple that are close. If you do find a belt that fits, please PM the configuration and belt size and I'll add it to the Guide for others in the future.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I don't know if you checked my Belt Selection Guide, but although it doesn't have your exact configuration, it does have a couple that are close. If you do find a belt that fits, please PM the configuration and belt size and I'll add it to the Guide for others in the future.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

In your opinion where should I start? I was thinking of starting with a 78" belt and notching the tensioner. Can I get your professional opinion?

04torchred

Established Member
AJRED99 said:
In your opinion where should I start? I was thinking of starting with a 78" belt and notching the tensioner. Can I get your professional opinion?

Pick something in between 80" and 81" to start that should get you close.

For my new setup I have a 3.1/6lb, 100mm aux idler, 3 90mm metco idlers with the bottom in the top mount and a 4" alternator pulley. I am going to try one size up from an 81" belt on mine. I am guessing you will be just a bit smaller then me so something under 81".

With my 8lb/stock upper, 4.0" alternator pulley I am using a 83.75" for reference if that helps.

Cobrabob I will PM you my belt length for my new combo when I get it all installed and make sure there is no slip.

Users who are viewing this thread