what should my PSI be?

1st usa car

Established Member
what should my PSI be? Boost

2011 SVTP: Typical Florida day, 80's at sea level.
Mods: Trinity 2.4 pulley, JLT 127, 67 VMP TB, 93 octane VMP tune, ORH-Pipe.

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
35psi. Driver side door should have a sticker that tell you this. I don't think there is any variation in PSI for SVTPP vs non-SVTPP setup.

Drag or road course...thats a whole different topic :)

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
Opps...LOL. :lol1: Not much of an expert on that, except when I push the pedal on the right, I get more boost ;-)

Unrealford

Established Member
I'd connect up a real gauge, T off from hose in from of Supercharger, even if you want to run a temp one inside

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1st usa car

Established Member
I'd connect up a real gauge, T off from hose in from of Supercharger, even if you want to run a temp one inside

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes - i have a mechanical gauge- i think its off -- when i pull in 4th -- it will jump to 16-17 psi right away... but that is a long gear and it will creep to 18-19 around 5-5,500rpm.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
2011 SVTP: Typical Florida day, 80's at sea level.
Mods: Trinity 2.4 pulley, JLT 127, 67 VMP TB, 93 octane VMP tune, ORH-Pipe.

Pretty much same mods as you (gen 2 TVS as opposed to Trinity) and I'm in North Florida. I see right at 18...a hair under (17.8) in the hotter months, a hair over (18.4) in the cooler months.

Last edited:

1st usa car

Established Member
Pretty much same mods as you (gen 2 TVS as opposed to Trinity) and I'm in North Florida. I see right at 18...a hair under (17.8) in the hotter months, a hair over (18.4) in the cooler months.

You are in the same area -- I am in Jacksonville -- i guess its off a little bit --- 3rd gear doesnt seem to be as high as 4th. but then again it is more difficult to watch 3rd gear... lack of traction and it pulls through the gear much faster than 4th.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
You are in the same area -- I am in Jacksonville -- i guess its off a little bit --- 3rd gear doesnt seem to be as high as 4th. but then again it is more difficult to watch 3rd gear... lack of traction and it pulls through the gear much faster than 4th.

I work in Jax off of Cassatt. I live in Macclenny.

I've got interceptor gauges with the boost/vacuum sensor T'd into the line off the front.

For all I know I didn't set up the sensor perfect. I followed the instructions and everything seemed right but I'd trust a full mechanical gauge over electric IMO.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Like the guys said, probably in the 17+\- range. I would suggest taking it to a dyno and hooking up to an external boost gauge for your runs.

Users who are viewing this thread