What should I do first?

ModMike1572

Established Member
Around the new year, I have about a grand I want to throw at the car. Don't really want to spend much more than that until later.

Should I do the Mcleod RXT Clutch w/26 spline ($1,000)

or

suspension: FTBR, Diff Cover, FLSFC ($1,000)

The car is mostly a garage queen/weekend cruiser, and will be ran down the 1/4th mile once a month maybe. I use 315 Hoosier DR's, and launched at around 3k rpm, but want to get a little more aggressive and get that 10 sec pass.

I guess what I'm asking is, what has a better chance of breaking.... input shaft, diff cover?

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Clutch should be ready to go out but the FTBR kit sounds good . I say clutch because you'll be able to drive it

SlowSVT

Established Member
If the car was stock I would say FTBR FLSFC but I see 2.3 TVS in your sig.

Do the clutch & fine spine 1st

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that eggshell diff cover has a far better chance of breaking in a stock irs. do that first and then do the clutch when the stock one fails ...

(...which probably wont be too long with that tvs blower) :rockon:

fr03cobra

Established Member
you can get 0% percent for one year through tpsmotorsports on both at the same time. do both.lol clutch first I say if u can't.

cj428mach

Established Member
I would suggest doing the rear end first as the stock clutch is decent and will hold most street driving for a little while. I was on the stock clutch for 1000+ miles at 21+ psi with e85 and it held up fine. The clutch looked great too when I removed it.

Also I think you'll end up in close to $1500+ in either of these mods before you're done.

Users who are viewing this thread