• Other

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Hello all, if anyone has read my previous post about my unfortunate freak accident you will know the nature of this post...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62045

Anyway, my hood is toast. I have an Oxford white Cobra. What should I do? Go with the Cobra R? I really like that hood, but the stock one looks so damn good too! Also, with the R hood how will I be able to use a 'heat extractor" ? I assume if Ford put it there it is somewhat necessary... Tell me what you think!

Also, if you are suggesting an 'other' let me know where to look at it, or post a picture.

Thanks Fellas!

:beer:

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
get a Carbon Fiber Stock Hood style, light as hell, u can get painted...I think u can get from SHM.

carstocks

Established Member
There was a used 03 Cobra white hood for sale on this website not too long ago. do a search.

Tin Knocker

Established Member
I like the Cobra R hood but I think you have to replace the front bumper cover. I don't know for sure.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Stick with the stock hood. The R hood doesn't belong. The other hoods look lame.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I've seen the CF hood -- But I would want it painted.

The stock hood is one of my fav's. I found a stock white hood for sale on this board. I think it sold already. It was a bit too far from me.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Re: If only we could get one of these front splitter too!

Originally posted by Johnny Random
I would get the hood, splitter, and rear wing.

www.steeda.com

That front splitter looks amazing. Does steeda sell it for the 03 yet?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I really like the R hood but the stock unit isn't bad either...if it were me I'd go with the cheaper of the two

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Give the gimp broken hood to me, and buy yourself a new stockerd. Or for that massive heat extraction put a Mach One hood on that beast, complete with square heat extractor hole and all. Hahaha, imagine that a big gaping square hole right in the middle of that thing. Seriously though if you could figure out a way to put a Mach 1 hood on that beast it would be sweet. Another option is to buy a stock GT hood, and cut out the center so as to clear the blower. Then cover the hole with JMS Products Boss 429 hoodscoop repro. If you really like that idea, the cost would be fairly cheap, since Gary and I could do it for almost nothing less the cost of parts, and maybe a six pack of beer.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Another, we could really get crazy, and put those hood pins in, paint the scoop semi gloss black. Anyway, seriously if you wanna get rid of that broken hood, I would love to put that thing in my room, as it would make a really cool addition to my Cobra shrine.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
The hood will be smashed to pieces and those pieces will be given out on a first come first serve basis. =)

mystifiedworm

Established Member
I like the CF hood that SHM sells. After painted you can not tell that it is an aftermarket piece. The hood lines up great with the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread