What should I datalog to make sure my tune is good once I move?

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
I'll be moving across the country in a few months and am not sure if I would need a retune. I was thinking I should datalog some parameters and see what it looks like once I'm settled.

Should the tune be fine? Also what should I look datalog?

Thank you

Jefe

Established Member
Good question im curious as well. Getting a tune here shortly and I live at about 3k elevation and every once in a while ill take a cruise up the mountain which reaches 8500+ elevation. Wonder if that will throw off anything....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Oh this may be a dumb question but what are maf counts?

Thanks

It`s the reading from the maf.The maf will max out at 1024 counts,when you go over this # you`ll go lean due to not being able to supply enough fuel to the injectors.I`ve included a older log of mine,maf counts are in yellow.You can see i`m pretty close to being maxed out.This was on a 70* day,so I have to watch it in cooler conditions.
MAF.jpg

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
I have a SCT2400 MAF, you think that would not be able to keep up? I'm at around 19#s w my KB

Thanks for the pics and all the info, I don;t know much about this tuning and datalogging stuff

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
Maf counts
coolant temp
inlet air temp
stft bank 1
stft bank 2
ltft bank 1
ltft bank 2
pressure drop across inject
rpm
load
spark
spark source
battery

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
Ok thanks

So do I have to do something to make analog 1 the a/f? I'm not too familiar with this so any help would be great.

Thanks again

Maf counts
coolant temp
inlet air temp
stft bank 1
stft bank 2
ltft bank 1
ltft bank 2
pressure drop across inject
rpm
load
spark
spark source
battery

Hmmm... I'm not too sure what most of those are so I don't think I'd be able to gain much info from datalogging those parameters :shrug:

Last edited:

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
Ok now I am having a horrible time trying to get my laptop to sync with the car. I plug the Xcal2 into my laptop then I plug it into the car after that when I go to "Get Processor ID" from the pull down menu it says Open Device Failed, Check Connections

I have no idea what it could be, the laptop hooked into the xcal through the usb and the other plug is plugged into the OBDII port under the drivers dash near the center council.

Any idea?? This is kind of frustrating...

Thanks

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ok thanks

So do I have to do something to make analog 1 the a/f? I'm not too familiar with this so any help would be great.

Thanks again

Yes,you`ll have to hook your w/b into the x-cal and type in a config.formula in the analog 1 area.The formula will depend on what kind of w/b you have.
There is a bunch of info in the help area on Livelink.
analog.jpg

Last edited:

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
Ok thanks I'm going to check out their site right now, you don't have any idea why I can't get laptop and xcal2 to work properly do you?

Thanks for all the help man, I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread