What short blocks for a 700hp?

DrTriton

Established Member
Street/strip car or full race?

For a street/strip car at that power level I would look into an Aluminator. The Mahle pistons will hold up just fine and they are nice and quiet unlike most of the aftermarket stuff. If you aren't concerned about engine noise and just race the car you have other options, I'm sure one of the vendors will chime in.

erick stangup

Established Member
Street/strip car or full race?

For a street/strip car at that power level I would look into an Aluminator. The Mahle pistons will hold up just fine and they are nice and quiet unlike most of the aftermarket stuff. If you aren't concerned about engine noise and just race the car you have other options, I'm sure one of the vendors will chime in.

More of a street/strip car. Aluminator is a bit to expensive for me right now.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
What kind of power adder? If centri or turbo and good fuel you might get away with the stock motor for a while. Just keep your RPM's limited to 7K. Don't get me wrong, 700whp on the stock motor is rolling the dice, but a lot of people have had the stock motors hold together at that level for a good amount of time.

silver50

Established Member
I would look into mmr they have a short block rebuild good for 1000 rwhp for$2399. You can also purchase a new short block or just the rotating assembly and have it assembled by a machine shop in your area. there are many options but these are some of the cheaper options. hope this helps man and don't forget the fuel system at that power level. definitely a must.

prn1972

Established Member
At 700-800rwhp all you need is forged rods/pistons, the stock block & crank will be fine.
Some pistons are louder than others if noise is a concern for you.
If in the future you want 1000+whp I would go ahead & have the block sleeved or some kind of cylinder support added, or both while its apart.
MMR is your cheapest option if you have someone do it. JPC/RGR & L&M Engines are great options but pricey

RobT2727

Established Member
I ran the Boss 302 rotating assembly in my factory 13' block just fine. If your interested, I have a complete used BOSS 302 rotating assembly with 2500 miles (crank, pistons, rings, and rods). I would sell for $800 shipped.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Let us know how we can help, we have our 1000 series shortblocks on sale for $3299, they include all top shelf US made parts, a 1 year warranty and are assembled by the best in the business. MMR shortblocks are the only shortblock to win Coyotye Modified in NMRA and Outlaw 8.5 in NMCA and hold other World and National records.

Feel free to call anytime to discuss your needs

MMR
DSC04011.JPG

mmr%20win%203.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread